Direct X 7 or Direct X 8
Author Message
 Direct X 7 or Direct X 8

Hi
I have initiated a project on Sourceforge.net for building a RPG(Role
Playing Game) and I want to know what is the best choice between DX 7 and
DX8.
Thanks

Sat, 28 May 2005 00:14:54 GMT
 Direct X 7 or Direct X 8
dx8 lack of 2d stuff, but the rest (3d, sound,...) is better that dx7

Quote:
> Hi
> I have initiated a project on Sourceforge.net for building a RPG(Role
> Playing Game) and I want to know what is the best choice between DX 7 and
> DX8.
> Thanks

Sat, 28 May 2005 03:47:03 GMT
 Direct X 7 or Direct X 8
DX8 is very good, it's easier than DX7. If you want really cool 2D gfx, you
will want to use DX8 (D3D), if you want simple and plain 2D gfx with no
special effects you will want to use DX7 (DirectDraw)

"jcastro" <eng3d(arroba)softhome.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Quote:
> dx8 lack of 2d stuff, but the rest (3d, sound,...) is better that dx7

> > Hi
> > I have initiated a project on Sourceforge.net for building a RPG(Role
> > Playing Game) and I want to know what is the best choice between DX 7
and
> > DX8.
> > Thanks

Sat, 28 May 2005 06:34:27 GMT
 Direct X 7 or Direct X 8
Ok,
Thanks
I think that I will use DX7 because I need only 2D graphics

Quote:
> DX8 is very good, it's easier than DX7. If you want really cool 2D gfx,
you
> will want to use DX8 (D3D), if you want simple and plain 2D gfx with no
> special effects you will want to use DX7 (DirectDraw)

> "jcastro" <eng3d(arroba)softhome.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > dx8 lack of 2d stuff, but the rest (3d, sound,...) is better that dx7

> > > Hi
> > > I have initiated a project on Sourceforge.net for building a RPG(Role
> > > Playing Game) and I want to know what is the best choice between DX 7
> and
> > > DX8.
> > > Thanks

Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:40:38 GMT

1. Shadow Direct Connection

2. printing escape sequences for direct printer control to print micr on checks

3. Cant add records to Oracle table using ODBC Direct

4. Detecting Duplicate Entries On Direct Input

5. Reading via ODBC, direct updates do not show up

6. Direct Animation Reference MISSING - PLease Help

7. Direct Fax

8. Direct file access

9. runtime executable/ODBC Direct

10. ODBC Direct

11. Direct 1.0 Type Library Unreferenced