Transparancy problem
Author Message
 Transparancy problem

I have written code that diplays a bitmap with a transparant background and
this seems to work fine EXCEPT that in a laptop implementation using the
same exe the background is not transparant.
Can anyone suggest any pointers as to what area I should investigate, I
can't see anything obviously wrong.
Thanks
Peter

Fri, 02 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparancy problem

Quote:

> I have written code that diplays a bitmap with a transparant background
and
> this seems to work fine EXCEPT that in a laptop implementation using the
> same exe the background is not transparant.
> Can anyone suggest any pointers as to what area I should investigate, I
> can't see anything obviously wrong.
> Thanks
> Peter

I take it that the development PC uses 24-bit color, and the laptop uses
16-bit?

If you're using a ColorKey, then you need to make sure that it is valid for
the bit depth you're using. eg. 16-bit displays will need a colorkey of no
more than (TTBOMK) 5 bits for Red and Blue and 6 bits for Green... eg.
instead of 0x00FFFFFF you need to use something like 0x00F8FCF8. To be
really safe, only use colorkeys at multiples of 16, eg. 0x00F0F0F0 (that may
be being over-safe).

- Tel

--
#include <disclaimer.h>
Spam will be traced and reported.

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Toolbar Transparancy color

2. Transparancy on a tab control

3. form transparancy

4. Picture with transparancy

5. Help needed w/ Frame control transparancy

6. Transparancy

7. Color keying for transparancy

8. Transparancy of VB Controls

9. transparancy & cutoff