CreateEvent for multiple devices and only one form
Author Message
 CreateEvent for multiple devices and only one form

On a system with multiple joysticks I can successfully
catch events for any one joystick device.

When I attempt to call CreateEvent for each joystick then
only the last call to CreateEvent seems to envoke the
DXCallBack function.

Is it possible to register for all events of all
interested joysticks simultaneously?

(copied in microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.input)

Sun, 09 May 2004 16:10:58 GMT
 CreateEvent for multiple devices and only one form
Did you call SetEventNotification for each device?

        ..........Wayne

--

Recycling electrons into words since 1996.
Visit www.JustPC.com for details about my Visual Basic books,

Quote:
> On a system with multiple joysticks I can successfully
> catch events for any one joystick device.

> When I attempt to call CreateEvent for each joystick then
> only the last call to CreateEvent seems to envoke the
> DXCallBack function.

> Is it possible to register for all events of all
> interested joysticks simultaneously?

> (copied in microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.input)

Mon, 10 May 2004 06:06:46 GMT
 CreateEvent for multiple devices and only one form
Thanks Wayne,

I found the same thing as well.

Not sure why it worked at all without any
SetEventNotification but after putting this into my main
loop all devices are now generating events correctly.

Walter

Quote:

Mon, 10 May 2004 21:42:47 GMT

1. VFW - Creating multiple windows for one device

2. Using one DataControl for multiple forms????

3. Multiple instances of one form

4. Run Multiple Projects from One form

5. one event to multiple forms

6. Multiple Timer Events On One form

7. Multiple Data Controls, One Database, Two Forms...

8. Seperating multiple e-mail addresses from one form field

9. Multiple *.asp (vbs) and ONE form

10. Multiple .dlls Accessing one Form

11. One Control on multiple forms.

12. Multiple Media Players on one Form