D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive
Author Message
 D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive

Hi,
i am a newbie to directx. Please excuse my ignorance.

I am following a tutorial at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

I ran into problems at this line
D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, 36, 0, 12

the program gave me an automation error. Anyone exprienced this before?

Please do let me know on how to solve this issue

thanks

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:58:37 GMT
 D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive
Always specify the error number. Use D3DX8.GetErrorString to get its human
readable meaning. It should help to diagnose the problem.

Quote:
> Hi,
> i am a newbie to directx. Please excuse my ignorance.

> I am following a tutorial at
> http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1350.asp

> I ran into problems at this line
> D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, 36, 0, 12

> the program gave me an automation error. Anyone exprienced this before?

> Please do let me know on how to solve this issue

> thanks

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:20:26 GMT
 D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive
Got it to work now
The code shld work with this line
D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, 8, 0, 12

8 is the number of vertices to render (Not total num of indices)
and 12 the number of faces being rendered this call.

cheers

Quote:
> Always specify the error number. Use D3DX8.GetErrorString to get its human
> readable meaning. It should help to diagnose the problem.

> > Hi,
> > i am a newbie to directx. Please excuse my ignorance.

> > I am following a tutorial at
> > http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1350.asp

> > I ran into problems at this line
> > D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, 36, 0, 12

> > the program gave me an automation error. Anyone exprienced this before?

> > Please do let me know on how to solve this issue

> > thanks

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:33:51 GMT

1. Newbie: Automation error when calling "D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive"

2. DrawIndexedPrimitive

3. DirectX D3DDevice Inconsistency/Error

4. What happend to D3DDevice.SetRenderStateSingle?

5. Something wrong with DrawIndexedPrimitive?