pointers
Author Message
 pointers

I'm new in DirectX, I studied my first code yesterday, WHY IS THERE SO MANY
POINTER IN DIRECTX ??????  I didn't even see a variable. well, I don't
understand why directX use so many pointer instead of directly using the
variables.  Can you help me ?
Thanks !

Eric

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:06:25 GMT
 pointers
Visual Basic does not use pointers.  Are you looking at the C++ code?  If
so, this might be the wrong newsgroup for your observations.  We don't like
pointers either :-)

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> I'm new in DirectX, I studied my first code yesterday, WHY IS THERE SO
MANY
> POINTER IN DIRECTX ??????  I didn't even see a variable. well, I don't
> understand why directX use so many pointer instead of directly using the
> variables.  Can you help me ?
> Thanks !

> Eric

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:21:43 GMT

1. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

2. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

3. Passing pointer to a pointer or pointer to a char to a dll

4. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

5. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

6. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

7. Pointer to pointer

8. how to pass a pointer to a pointer in a dll

9. Passing pointer to pointer to C struct from VB into a DLL

10. Pointer to Pointer

11. Pointer to Pointer to buffer?

12. assigning a returned pointer to a pointer in VB