Frame number
Author Message
 Frame number

Hi all,
  I want to user DirectX to get the duration of AVI file
in Frame not in Second.  Is any body can help me?

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:53:54 GMT
 Frame number
If MS had granted we lowly VB users all the power of DirectShow, you'd be
able to use IMediaSeeking::SetTimeFormat to set the time format to frames
and then read the duration. Unfortunately, though, we only get to use the
IMediaPosition object, its corresponding Duration property, and the
AvgTimePerFrame property of the IBasicVideo object. Maybe one day they'll
let us grow up and give us real toys to play with.

Enough ranting already. I basically do this:

      dblOneFrame = objBasicVideo.AvgTimePerFrame
      dblFrameRT = objMediaPosition.Duration / dblOneFrame

There's intrinsic repetition here, though: the AvgTimePerFrame property has
clearly gone through similar calculations already (how can you calculate the
average duration of a frame without first knowing the length of the video
and number of frames within it?), only to become part of another calculation
to give us what it already knew!

Quote:
> Hi all,
>   I want to user DirectX to get the duration of AVI file
> in Frame not in Second.  Is any body can help me?

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:09:12 GMT

1. Chosing Frame content in a 2 framed page from a 1 framed page

2. number of frames in an mp3

3. Number of frames in AVI or MPEG file

4. Number of frames in AVI or MPG

5. Frames , very many frames , slow appearance .

6. If not in frame then load frame page...

7. Printing a "Frame + contents of Frame"

8. saving htm in frame with code from another frame to directory on server

9. catch data in frame and pass to another frame page

10. refreshing a frame from another frame

11. Controlling Frame Width from Another Frame

12. Referencing FRAMES w/vb, need to get a variable to/from a frame