DirectX 8.1 problem
Author Message
 DirectX 8.1 problem

Goal: install Direct X 8.1

My DxDiag (4.08.00.0400) reports that my DirectX is
4.08.02.0134.  It also says that my DirectX version is
newer than the DxDiag version and so it may report
inaccurate info.  I do not think I have Direct X 8.2
installed in my pc as I have checked all the DirectX files
and none of them has a verison number 4.08.02.xxxx   So, I
suspect this 4.08.02.0134 is inaccurate.

My question is:- can I MANUALLY install Direct X 8.1 by
unzipping/extracting all the files from DX81eng.exe and
then Copy&Paste them into their location (ie
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM)?  Will Win Me be able to recognize this
method (after a reboot of the system, of course)?
I asked this because I have tried to run DX81eng.exe to
auto install but it does not work somehow.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!

(For a more detailed description of the path I have taken,
please go to:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
and then click "Games")

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:04:29 GMT

1. problems installing directx 8.1

2. Problems Installing DirectX 8.1

3. DirectX 8.1 D3DX8.Intersect Problem

4. VB.Net and DirectX 8.1?

5. Last Msg Re: SW FFB -- DirectX 8.1 (sorry)

6. directx 8.1

7. VB.NET and DirectX 8.1

8. Help Help directx 8.1

9. VB Objects DirectX 8.1 and video codecs

10. Cant install directx 8.1

11. DirectX 8.1 versions listed

12. DirectX 8.1 SDK.