Abou C++ future
Author Message
 Abou C++ future

Is that true that MS intend to forget about VC++ and will be oriented only
to C# and VB?

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:46:47 GMT
 Abou C++ future
NO! It's a total un-truth!!!

Nish

Quote:
> Is that true that MS intend to forget about VC++ and will be oriented only
> to C# and VB?

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:50:41 GMT
 Abou C++ future
Hi,
    I think that you'd better see this article at
http://www.codeproject.com/scrapbook/semicolon_0.asp. As you can see, VB.net
is replacing legal VB, but MS keeps improving VC++ for a long time. MS has
no plan to depreciate VC++ yet.

--
Yuancai (Charlie) Ye
Fast accessing all of remote data sources anywhere with SocketPro using

Quote:
> Is that true that MS intend to forget about VC++ and will be oriented only
> to C# and VB?

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:12:04 GMT
 Abou C++ future

Quote:
> Is that true that MS intend to forget about VC++ and will be oriented only
> to C# and VB?

Yes. Microsoft, one of the most intelligently and successfully
run technology companies on the planet, is definitely going
to cut their own throats by dropping Visual C++, immediately
after completing phase one of the extremely expensive task
of significantly updating Visual C++ 7 for stricter ANSI
compatibility, as well as adding support for dotnet.

That's how Bill G. made his billions; tossing away money
left and right and ignoring large markets.

Whoops! Look out for that black helicopter! Aliens on
board are planning to steal your kidneys.

;>

Or was that just a _little_ too sarcastic?

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:20:12 GMT
 Abou C++ future

*Plonk*

--
Greetings
  Jochen

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:27:37 GMT
 Abou C++ future

Quote:
> Is that true that MS intend to forget about VC++ and will be oriented only
> to C# and VB?

Where have you heard such a thing? If they did so, how would they compile,
among other things, Windows, the .NET framework core, Office, ....?????

Arnaud
MVP - VC

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:59:14 GMT
 Abou C++ future
I am really interested to know what is the situation around VC++, this is
why I've asked my question. Unfortunately I am not VC++ developer and don't
know all the details regarding MS and its tools.

Sorry, if my question was offensive for somebody.

And thanks to the people answered me.

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:58:26 GMT
 Abou C++ future

Quote:
> I am really interested to know what is the situation around VC++, this is
> why I've asked my question. Unfortunately I am not VC++ developer and
don't
> know all the details regarding MS and its tools.

Well VC++ 7.0 is part of Visual Studio.NET, and the 7.1 version - code
nammed Everett - is (I think) in internal beta testing. So, you see it is
not at all an abandonned product.

Quote:
> Sorry, if my question was offensive for somebody.

No offense :)

Arnaud
MVP - VC

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:05:18 GMT

1. Future of C++ and Windows Programming :: C++

2. FUTURE SOFTWARE FUTURES

3. future of c++ ?

4. The future of C++ and VC++ ...

5. C/C++ Future - A standard proposal for numbers

6. continue to use ISO C instead of C++, java or future hypes

7. Generics (templates in C++)- in our future?

8. Generics (like C++ templates) in our future?

9. C++ and the future of C

10. Future of Watcom C/C++

11. Future of Watcom C/C++

12. FUTURE: Programmer / Systems Analyst - C / C++, in TORONTO, CANADA