Using VS.NET with 6.0 Compiler
Author Message
 Using VS.NET with 6.0 Compiler

Is it possible to use the old Visual C++ 6.0 compiler with the new .Net IDE?

I have a project that relies on a third-party library (ObjectStore).
Something about the way the library uses templates causes the 7.0
compiler to choke.

I'd like to be able to use the new features of the .Net IDE, but compile
using the old 6.0 compiler.

I suppose I could create a makefile project and use Custom Build steps, but
I'd rather not have to deal with all that mess, since the new IDE is so
nice.

Thanks,

Ken Carpenter

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:08:17 GMT
 Using VS.NET with 6.0 Compiler
You should be able to use the VS.NET compiler with the 6.0 code.  It should
be backwards compatible.
What exactly happens when you try to use it?

Susan Huffaker
Microsoft

and confers no rights.

http://www.microsoft.com/security

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:30:23 GMT

1. Problem in porting code from VC++ 6.0 to VS.Net (using STL)

2. using VS.NET with a different compiler

3. VS.NET vs VC++ 6.0

4. Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side

5. VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues

6. install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?

7. VS 6.0 and VS .NET Beta 1 on the same machine

8. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

9. Compiler error in Using DatagridControl using VC++ 6.0

10. Error Compiling VC 6.0 program in VS.net B2

11. Concurrent development of VS 6.0 and .NET

12. Singleton Object Activation .NET 2003 Vs. VC++ 6.0