debugging DLL problem
Author Message
 debugging DLL problem

Hi,

I have a VC++ Win32 DLL that has a method similar to the following -

extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) char* __stdcall
beginEncode(WCHAR*,WCHAR*,WCHAR*,int);

I also have a C# application that has the following -

[DllImport("rawsat.dll")]
static extern string beginEncode(StringBuilder inputFile, StringBuilder
outputFile, string GUID, int mplex);

However, when I attempt to debug the DLL by attaching the C# windows
application the debug output window will show

HEAP[RAWSATCTRL.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00140000,
0016EBE8 )

Unhandled exception at 0x77f7f570 in RAWSATCTRL.exe: User breakpoint.

How can I debug the DLL? Should I be using another technique for accessing
the DLL?

The code in my DLL trys to create a callback event using the CreateEvent
method, will this work in a DLL? From what I can see I am passing the
parameters to the DLL correctly, just as I would with an EXE, but I am
getting a failure result when trying to pass a callback class to a method of
IWMReader->Open (Windows Media Format SDK).

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Gary Brewer

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:37:46 GMT

1. Debugging dll problem (doesn't stop in breakpoint)

2. debugging dll problems

3. COM Debug/Release CRT DLL Problem

4. dumb DLL load debug problem ?

5. A Nasty Debug Problem involving VB, VC (COM) and DLL

6. Problem debugging DLL

7. Problems watching variables debugging a vb5 dll in the vc5++ IDE

8. Debugging Extension DLL problem.

9. DLL debug problem

10. Help! Problems debugging DLL

11. HELP: Debug DLL Link Problem