VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4
Author Message
 VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4

hello,

i'm developing some COM+ Server component with VC++ 7 / ATL / attributed.
i'm kinda new to .NET so excuse me for my (stupid) question. i have to use
IXMLDOMDocument as a parameter type in some methods, so, usually i had to
add importlib("msxml4.lib); to .IDL file. i know, there's attribute
"importlib" but i don't know where to place it. i get error "error MIDL2011
: unresolved type declaration : IXMLDOMDocument [ Parameter 'ppXMLDoc' of
Procedure 'requestDTD' ( Interface 'ISCICommand' ) ]". can anyone help me?
thanx in advance.

Konstantin Alexandroff ICQ#: 94490440 Current ICQ status: + More ways to
contact me i See more about me:

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:16:47 GMT
 VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4
Why pass IXMLDOMDocument interface when you could pass IUnknown and then
query interface for IXMLDOMDocument inside the method?

Ollie

Quote:
> hello,

> i'm developing some COM+ Server component with VC++ 7 / ATL / attributed.
> i'm kinda new to .NET so excuse me for my (stupid) question. i have to use
> IXMLDOMDocument as a parameter type in some methods, so, usually i had to
> add importlib("msxml4.lib); to .IDL file. i know, there's attribute
> "importlib" but i don't know where to place it. i get error "error
MIDL2011
> : unresolved type declaration : IXMLDOMDocument [ Parameter 'ppXMLDoc' of
> Procedure 'requestDTD' ( Interface 'ISCICommand' ) ]". can anyone help me?
> thanx in advance.

> Konstantin Alexandroff ICQ#: 94490440 Current ICQ status: + More ways to
> contact me i See more about me:

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:38:17 GMT
 VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4
No, i will use this component in C# app, i don't want to mess with type
conversions.

Quote:
> Why pass IXMLDOMDocument interface when you could pass IUnknown and then
> query interface for IXMLDOMDocument inside the method?

> Ollie

> > hello,

> > i'm developing some COM+ Server component with VC++ 7 / ATL /
attributed.
> > i'm kinda new to .NET so excuse me for my (stupid) question. i have to
use
> > IXMLDOMDocument as a parameter type in some methods, so, usually i had
> > add importlib("msxml4.lib); to .IDL file. i know, there's attribute
> > "importlib" but i don't know where to place it. i get error "error
> MIDL2011
> > : unresolved type declaration : IXMLDOMDocument [ Parameter 'ppXMLDoc'
of
> > Procedure 'requestDTD' ( Interface 'ISCICommand' ) ]". can anyone help
me?
> > thanx in advance.

> > Konstantin Alexandroff ICQ#: 94490440 Current ICQ status: + More ways to
> > contact me i See more about me:

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:42:22 GMT
 VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4
Just add #import "msxml4.dll" in your .h or .cpp file.
Quote:

> > > hello,

> > > i'm developing some COM+ Server component with VC++ 7 / ATL /
>  attributed.
> > > i'm kinda new to .NET so excuse me for my (stupid) question. i have to
>  use
> > > IXMLDOMDocument as a parameter type in some methods, so, usually i had
> > > add importlib("msxml4.lib); to .IDL file. i know, there's attribute
> > > "importlib" but i don't know where to place it. i get error "error
>  MIDL2011
> > > : unresolved type declaration : IXMLDOMDocument [ Parameter 'ppXMLDoc'
>  of
> > > Procedure 'requestDTD' ( Interface 'ISCICommand' ) ]". can anyone help
>  me?
> > > thanx in advance.

> > > __________________________________________________________________
> > > Konstantin Alexandroff ICQ#: 94490440 Current ICQ status: + More ways to
> > > contact me i See more about me:
> > > __________________________________________________________________

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:39:52 GMT
 VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4
That doesn't help with undefined externals, which you'll still get from C++
instead of C#. What do you suggest?

Quote:
> Just add #import "msxml4.dll" in your .h or .cpp file.

> >  attributed.
> >  use
> >  MIDL2011
> >  of
> >  me?

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:01:40 GMT

1. VC++ 7 / ATL / importlib / msxml4

2. ATL, importlib attribute, library attribute, ADO

3. msxml4 / vc

4. Any updates in ATL/ATL Server in VC 7.1

5. Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component

6. Heap Usage problem with ATL exe - VC 5.0/ATL 2.1

7. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003

8. Need examples using MSXML4.0 with c++ MFC

9. Difference in #import, #importlib, #include

10. ServerXMLHTTP (from MSXML3 or MSXML4)

11. How to avoid MIDL multiple definitions conflicts when using an interface from msxml4.dll

12. Memory Leaks in MSXML4