Strange problem about Add member wizard
Author Message
 Strange problem about Add member wizard

Hi All,
when I want to add member methods for my dialog class. I often got the error
message these 2 days "Add/Remove is impossible, because the parent class
code is read only", what does that mean? sometimes has no this error(even I
didn't modify anything, the problem goes away itself).

Also, I often got error message when I use "Add member variable wizard" for
dialog/formview class, the error message is something like "script error,
line 1440, in "...VCWizards\MemVariableWiz\HTML\1033\default.htm", I was
totally lost when I see this kind of errors. why VC7 has some many
mysteries??

Thanks for any input!

Kevin

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:20:38 GMT
 Strange problem about Add member wizard
Hello Kevin,

The second issue occurs in some previous versions of VS.NET. It is because
a wrong reference to common.js in vcwizards directory instead of
vcwizards\1033 directory. Please check your VS.NET's version, and ensure it
is the last version.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Lion Shi [MS]
MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc
    Subject: Strange problem about Add member wizard
    Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:20:38 -0800

20:20:50

    Hi All,
    when I want to add member methods for my dialog class. I often got the
error
    message these 2 days "Add/Remove is impossible, because the parent class
    code is read only", what does that mean? sometimes has no this
error(even I
    didn't modify anything, the problem goes away itself).

    Also, I often got error message when I use "Add member variable wizard"
for
    dialog/formview class, the error message is something like "script
error,
    line 1440, in "...VCWizards\MemVariableWiz\HTML\1033\default.htm", I was
    totally lost when I see this kind of errors. why VC7 has some many
    mysteries??

    Thanks for any input!

    Kevin

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:03:16 GMT

1. MFC 7 has problem with DoDataExchange and Add Member Wizard

2. Problem using Class Wizard to add member variables

3. BUG VSNET2003: Add Member Variable Wizard not working

4. Add Member Variable wizard not working

5. Add Member Variable Wizard bug?

6. Cannot add new member? (Class Wizard not available)

7. Adding member variables for ActiveX using Class Wizard.

8. Add member variables in the Class Wizard dialog

9. MSVC V4 Class Wizard problem with member variables

10. Strange member function naming problem...

11. strange problem occur while trying to access member function through static function

12. Problem adding ATL object wizard