Alternative C++ file extensions (.cc in particular)
Author Message
 Alternative C++ file extensions (.cc in particular)

How do you get VisualStudio to recognize alternative file extensions?  In
particular we have many .cc files.  When I open a 6.0 project it is changed to a
7.0 projects.  The .cc files don't have C++ properties.  How do I specify the
compile options.  Why didn't it use the compile options I had specified in
the .dsp file?

Carl

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:55:42 GMT
 Alternative C++ file extensions (.cc in particular)
I reported this problem a while back.  Microsoft agreed to change
beta 2 so that it understands .cc by default.

For beta 1, you need to select the files in the Solution Explorer,
right click, and select "properties", then select the "Tool" to be "C/C++"
instead of custom build.  You might also need to add /TP to the
project options.

Chuck
120338

How do you get VisualStudio to recognize alternative file extensions?  In
particular we have many .cc files.  When I open a 6.0 project it is changed
to a
7.0 projects.  The .cc files don't have C++ properties.  How do I specify
the
compile options.  Why didn't it use the compile options I had specified in
the .dsp file?

Carl

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 04:11:00 GMT

1. Compiling C++ files with .cc extension

2. Alternate C++ file extensions (*.cc)

3. adding ".cc" file extension for builds

4. Source file extension of .cc

5. Files with .CC-extension unrecognized by MSVC++

6. Compile files with ".cc" extension

7. How compiling files with .cc extension

8. Howto get VC to compile a *.cc file as a C++ file

9. SDK file extension and MFC file extension

10. VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

11. VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

12. .cc file as c++ in project