OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET
Author Message
 OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

Repost from microsoft.public.vc.mfc

I wonder if someone got stuck at the same problem...
My VC++ application compiled in VC++ .NET always needs
OLEACC.DLL. The DLL does not exist on W95 and NT and
requires additional redistributable file for those
platforms. Obviously I don't want to deploy x MB
redistributable and a separate license agreement with 1MB
program because it links to functionality I don't use.

Is there a way to build the VC++ project without Active
Accessibility? The dependency exists on the MFC level. Is
there a macro I can undefine to avoid OLEACC.DLL ?

Thanks in advance

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:55:54 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET
Repost from microsoft.public.vc.mfc

I wonder if someone got stuck at the same problem...
My VC++ application compiled in VC++ .NET always needs
OLEACC.DLL. The DLL does not exist on W95 and NT and
requires additional redistributable file for those
platforms. Obviously I don't want to deploy x MB
redistributable and a separate license agreement with 1MB
program because it links to functionality I don't use.

Is there a way to build the VC++ project without Active
Accessibility? The dependency exists on the MFC level. Is
there a macro I can undefine to avoid OLEACC.DLL ?

Thanks in advance

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:59:45 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET
MFC 7 itself already delay loads this DLL and I believe it continues
gracefully if it's missing.  However if you include and/or use atlacc.h
directly or indirectly then you should also use delayloading in your main
project and any DLLs you build, i.e. link to delayimp.lib and specify
/delayload:oleacc.dll in your link options.

Ted.

Repost from microsoft.public.vc.mfc

I wonder if someone got stuck at the same problem...
My VC++ application compiled in VC++ .NET always needs
OLEACC.DLL. The DLL does not exist on W95 and NT and
requires additional redistributable file for those
platforms. Obviously I don't want to deploy x MB
redistributable and a separate license agreement with 1MB
program because it links to functionality I don't use.

Is there a way to build the VC++ project without Active
Accessibility? The dependency exists on the MFC level. Is
there a macro I can undefine to avoid OLEACC.DLL ?

Thanks in advance

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:31:26 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET
Ted,

Thanks for your response. Will you pl.
be little more specific?

Thanks very much.

George

Quote:

> MFC 7 itself already delay loads this DLL and I believe it continues
> gracefully if it's missing.  However if you include and/or use atlacc.h
> directly or indirectly then you should also use delayloading in your main
> project and any DLLs you build, i.e. link to delayimp.lib and specify
> /delayload:oleacc.dll in your link options.

> Ted.

> Repost from microsoft.public.vc.mfc

> I wonder if someone got stuck at the same problem...
> My VC++ application compiled in VC++ .NET always needs
> OLEACC.DLL. The DLL does not exist on W95 and NT and
> requires additional redistributable file for those
> platforms. Obviously I don't want to deploy x MB
> redistributable and a separate license agreement with 1MB
> program because it links to functionality I don't use.

> Is there a way to build the VC++ project without Active
> Accessibility? The dependency exists on the MFC level. Is
> there a macro I can undefine to avoid OLEACC.DLL ?

> Thanks in advance

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:57:09 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET
Ted,

Never mind. Figured it.

George

Quote:

> MFC 7 itself already delay loads this DLL and I believe it continues
> gracefully if it's missing.  However if you include and/or use atlacc.h
> directly or indirectly then you should also use delayloading in your main
> project and any DLLs you build, i.e. link to delayimp.lib and specify
> /delayload:oleacc.dll in your link options.

> Ted.

> Repost from microsoft.public.vc.mfc

> I wonder if someone got stuck at the same problem...
> My VC++ application compiled in VC++ .NET always needs
> OLEACC.DLL. The DLL does not exist on W95 and NT and
> requires additional redistributable file for those
> platforms. Obviously I don't want to deploy x MB
> redistributable and a separate license agreement with 1MB
> program because it links to functionality I don't use.

> Is there a way to build the VC++ project without Active
> Accessibility? The dependency exists on the MFC level. Is
> there a macro I can undefine to avoid OLEACC.DLL ?

> Thanks in advance

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:39:02 GMT

1. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

2. Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

3. why require oleacc.dll?

4. ATL developed in VC++.NET require msvcrt70.dll

5. Building Console Apps With VC.NET

6. Replacing Borland built dll with vc built dll

7. OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

8. App built with VC++6 on Win2K not running on NT4 because of MSVCRT.DLL

9. up-to-date check in vc .net requires too much time

10. DLL built with VC 6.0 not working with VC 7.0 application

11. Required MSVCRTD.dll in release build???

12. upgrade of dll from vc++ 6.0 to vc++.net