Database Access in NON MFC Application
Author Message
 Database Access in NON MFC Application

Hello all

I have been developing a Win32 Non MFC application that I
now what to attach to a database to store and query such
information as client details etc.  Does anyone know how I
should go about this.  I can find very little information
anywhere, and I am not sure whether I should use ADO, DAO
or somehow access the MFC API's without using MFC.  If
anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can find a
suitable tutorial / Example I would be very grateful.  I
have managed to build an application that uses #import
and then an ADODB connection, but I am unsure how I can
use this to query the database.  I can add rows / columns
information using Execute.... but what do I use to return
records from a query?

Please help.... Any information would be gratefully
appreciated.

Jamie

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:14:31 GMT
 Database Access in NON MFC Application
What database are you using?  I assume your doing Windows SDK calls for
your GUI.

You could talk directly to the database API without going through a
driver such as ODBC, Jet, or ADO.  The feasability of this greatly
depends on the database.

You could also google for 3rd party libraries that help you out with
this sort of thing.

There is no way to "...access the MFC API's without using MFC."

Quote:

> Hello all

> I have been developing a Win32 Non MFC application that I
> now what to attach to a database to store and query such
> information as client details etc.  Does anyone know how I
> should go about this.  I can find very little information
> anywhere, and I am not sure whether I should use ADO, DAO
> or somehow access the MFC API's without using MFC.  If
> anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can find a
> suitable tutorial / Example I would be very grateful.  I
> have managed to build an application that uses #import
> and then an ADODB connection, but I am unsure how I can
> use this to query the database.  I can add rows / columns
> information using Execute.... but what do I use to return
> records from a query?

> Please help.... Any information would be gratefully
> appreciated.

> Jamie

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:42:01 GMT

1. Database access in a Non MFC application

2. Accessing MFC DLL from a non-MFC application

3. Accessing databases in non-MFC program

4. Adding MFC-code to a non MFC Application(WIN-application)

5. set_new_handler in non MFC library called from MFC application

6. Using a MFC DLL in a non-MFC application

7. How to access MFC from non MFC functions?

8. How can you access an MFC object from a Non-MFC Thread

9. Non MFC modal dialogs in an MFC application - Dialog Message problem

10. Adding MFC to non-MFC Application

11. How can you access an MFC object from a Non-MFC Thread