e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working
Author Message
 e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

Thanks for your information. I was not running the cl.exe from command line,
instead I used the IDE of VC++ 6.0.

But now, the things even getting worse, when I tried to reinstall Visual
Studio Enterprise Edit 6.0 (DVD Oct 2001), I get the following message:

Setup was unable to create a DCOM user account in order to register
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\Tools\VS-Ent98\Vanalyzr\valec.exe"

I have tried twice, no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Jack

Quote:
> Are you attempting to run the compiler from the command line?  I've found
> that if I install VS 6 and VS.net on the same machine, I needed to alter
my
> environment PATH so that the VS 6 directories come first.

> eg. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;D:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin;D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio.NET\Common7\IDE;D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio.NET\Vc7\bin;D:\Program Files\Rational\common

> You'll should also check your "INCLUDE" environment variable for the same
> condition.

> HTH

> > Just attended "Dev Days", a microsoft guy told me I can install .Net
with
> > the 6.0 version in a single machine. But after I installed .Net, the cl
> > cannot spawn when compile(VC++ 6.0), it also complains eeswt.dll is
> missing.

> > The even worse thing is I cannot uninstall Visual Studio .Net through
> > Add/Remove programs. I am not sure whether a restall of 6.0 will fix
that
> > problem.

> > The Visual Studio .Net version is Release Candidate 2002.

> > Thanks.
> > Jack

Tue, 18 May 2004 08:00:51 GMT

1. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

2. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. porting visual c++ 6.0 addins to visual studio.net

4. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

5. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

6. Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0

7. unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled

8. FS: Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise

9. Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise ED.

10. FS: Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise $799 (Full Vesion)

11. Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition Installation

12. Problem with Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++ 6.0) !!!!