Managed C++ Wrapper
Author Message
 Managed C++ Wrapper

Hello,

I am trying to wrap a MFC DLL in a managed C++ wrapper so
I can access one of the functions in C#.

The whole solution compiles correctly and I can see and
enter the managed dll correctly.

But when I try to call the constructor of the unmanaged
DLL, I get the error:

An unhandled exception of
type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in
mhilltop.dll

Additional information: Object reference not set to an
instance of an object.

The code for the whole managed part is pretty simple:

#include "stdafx.h"

// this is the unmanaged code in a MFC DLL
class CHilltopMgr
{
public:
        void Init();
        CHilltopMgr();
        virtual ~CHilltopMgr();

Quote:
};

namespace Hilltop
{
        public __gc class mHilltop
        {

        public:
                void test()
                        {
                        CHilltopMgr h; // Bombs here!!!!!
                        h.Init();
                        }
        };

Quote:
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:09:52 GMT
 Managed C++ Wrapper
Thank you for your post, I will test the sample and try to reproduce the
same problem.
If you have the code, please attach to the post.

Best Regards

Jian Shen

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:41:20 GMT

1. managed C++ wrapper around unmanaged C++ classes: causing StackOverflow exception

2. Managed C++ wrappers for unmanaged C++ classes

3. Interface of Managed C++ wrappers

4. Managed C++ Wrapper for DLL

5. C# program hangs while loading managed C++ wrapper to existing dlls.

6. Calling Managed C++ Wrapper From C+ (Almost got it.)

7. C# program hangs while loading managed C++ wrapper to existing dlls.

8. Referencing data from unmanaged code to managed code in C++ Wrapper class

9. Managed C++ "wrapper classes" deployment problem

10. Tutorial wanted for using a managed C++ class wrapper

11. Creating a managed C++ class wrapper

12. Extended MAPI in c++ managed code wrapper