real differences between visual studio dot net C++ Enterprise and Professional
Author Message
 real differences between visual studio dot net C++ Enterprise and Professional

I'm looking for a list of differences between the two different versions of
VC++ .NET, compiler options optimiser stuff, does the profiler work in the
latter?

anyone know of a list? I've been looking around on the web but do not see
anything listing stuff at that low a level.

danke,

marc

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:09:57 GMT
 real differences between visual studio dot net C++ Enterprise and Professional
Visual Studio .Net does not ship a profiler.
But you canget from Compuware  the Numega Profiler for free:
http://www.compuware.com/products/devpartner/profiler/

You can also the profiling APIs as explained in the following article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/12/Hood/Hood0112.asp

Both the versions have the optimizing compiler.

The foollowing site gives a general overview:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/overview.asp

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft Developer Support

Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>.

Quote:

>I'm looking for a list of differences between the two different versions of
>VC++ .NET, compiler options optimiser stuff, does the profiler work in the
>latter?

>anyone know of a list? I've been looking around on the web but do not see
>anything listing stuff at that low a level.

>danke,

>marc

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 08:32:53 GMT

1. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

2. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. Visual C++ Standard, Professional, Enterprise, etc'

6. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

7. Compiler differences between Professional and Enterprise versions ?

8. unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled

9. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

10. porting visual c++ 6.0 addins to visual studio.net

11. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0