Still trying to understand .NET
Author Message
 Still trying to understand .NET

I'm wading through various texts and web sites and online docs, trying
to make sense of .NET after living in MFC for a couple of years. Is
there any connection between Windows Forms and ASP.NET, other than (I
guess) they both need managed code to work? In other words, does
writing an app in Windows Forms give you any kind of browser
functionality, or do you have to essentially write a second app in
ASP.NET? The app in question is a scientific app (being rewritten from
a non-Windows system) that does a lot of computation outside the
database, so it's more than just a db viewer.

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:55:52 GMT
 Still trying to understand .NET

Quote:

> I'm wading through various texts and web sites and online docs, trying
> to make sense of .NET after living in MFC for a couple of years. Is
> there any connection between Windows Forms and ASP.NET, other than (I
> guess) they both need managed code to work? In other words, does
> writing an app in Windows Forms give you any kind of browser
> functionality, or do you have to essentially write a second app in
> ASP.NET? The app in question is a scientific app (being rewritten from
> a non-Windows system) that does a lot of computation outside the
> database, so it's more than just a db viewer.

There's no connection aside from some similar design concepts.  A Windows
Forms app is still a desktop app, not a browser/server app.

-cd

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:08:57 GMT

1. Trying to understand disassembly, need help.

2. Trying to understand pointer and malloc

3. novice trying to understand something

4. Total C newbie trying to understand a date conversion function

5. Trying to Understand Pointers

6. Trying to understand CreateWindow - HELP!!!

7. Trying to Understand Pointers

8. trying to understand a macro...help!?

9. Trying to understand operator+

10. Trying to understand some code

11. Trying to understand MFC...

12. Trying to Understand CTreeView