Serial port access
Author Message
 Serial port access

How do I access the serial ports COM1 .. COM4 under Visual
C++ .NET or under C# .NET and Windows 2000 ?

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:34:03 GMT
 Serial port access
Currently there is serial port related control in .NET framework, so you
have to use the old MSCOMM control shipped withVB6, to get some detailed
information about how to use this control in .NET world, visit
http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/a.aspx?u=http://www.devhood.com...
als/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=320

Thanks
This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights. Enjoyed ASP.NET? http://www.asp.net

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:35:18 GMT
 Serial port access

Quote:
> How do I access the serial ports COM1 .. COM4 under Visual
> C++ .NET or under C# .NET and Windows 2000 ?

Comm ports are accessible through the Win32 CreateFile, ReadFile, WriteFile,
GetCommState, SetCommState functions.  If these functions aren't exposed in
.NET-land, you can call the Win32 functions directly through PInvoke, or
write a managed C++ wrapper that exposes them.

-cd

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:15:48 GMT

1. Serial Port access on a PC from Borland C 4.5

2. VAX/VMS SERIAL PORT ACCESS

3. Serial port access ?

4. Problems with serial port access in NT 4.0

5. Help needed Serial Port access

6. Serial Port Access Problems

7. Serial port access

8. Serial port access in VC ++, Help!

9. Help needed Serial port access

10. serial port access

11. Serial port to serial port copying software

12. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port