oleacc.dll -Active Accessability ...why is it loaded?
Author Message
 oleacc.dll -Active Accessability ...why is it loaded?

We recently converted a MFC application from VC 6 to .net
Visual Studio. When we test the .exe file on Win95, WinNT
it looks for the oleacc.dll which these OS's dont have.
Windows 98 and Windows 2000 do have this dll. Prior
to .net conversion, we never had this attempt to load this
dll and we know that we don't use any of the API
interfaces that this oleacc.dll contains. So how do I have
my app not look for this dll?
TIA.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:04:17 GMT
 oleacc.dll -Active Accessability ...why is it loaded?
It's a bug, really, just a bug.  It has been fixed in the next service pack.
For now, do one the following:
1) Link to MFC statically, and delayload oleacc.dll
2) Change the .MAK files to delayload oleacc.dll and then rebuild MFC DLLs
3) I'm trying to confirm with someone that it is fixed in 7.00.9480 of the
DLL, see Q319660

It's been covered in many discussion threads in this group, do a search.

Ted.

Quote:
> We recently converted a MFC application from VC 6 to .net
> Visual Studio. When we test the .exe file on Win95, WinNT
> it looks for the oleacc.dll which these OS's dont have.
> Windows 98 and Windows 2000 do have this dll. Prior
> to .net conversion, we never had this attempt to load this
> dll and we know that we don't use any of the API
> interfaces that this oleacc.dll contains. So how do I have
> my app not look for this dll?
> TIA.

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:00:18 GMT

1. Delay Loading oleacc.dll

3. why require oleacc.dll?

4. Active A component in Regular DLL does not load ODBC resource strings

5. Why actxprxy.dll was loaded after IE6 installed?

6. Why is msvcrt20.dll being loaded?

7. Why mfc42.dll Load Wrong String Resource?

8. Why mfc42.dll loaded wrong string resource?

9. Why is this dll loading inconsistent?

10. OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

11. oleacc.dll problem

12. Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'