Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2
Author Message
 Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2

After porting some VC6 projects to VC7 dotnet beta2 and using the ATL wizard
in VC7 (through 'Add Class') I am unable to use the ATL wizard in VC6 in any
VC6 projects

I tried uninstalling VC6 and installing VC6 again. This did not work.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas what is causing this and how it can be
easily remedied.

John Heenan

Thu, 06 May 2004 16:59:15 GMT
 Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2
To be more specific, the ATL Com AppWizard still works in VC6. There is now
no 'New ATL Object' in the Insert menu to insert an new ATL class and the
ATL toolbar button is 'greyed out'.

If a new class in inserted from the Insert menu or by right clicking then
there is an option to insert an ATL class or a Generic Class. However the
Generic Class is equivalent to inserting a Simple ATL object, no ATL Object
Wizard is displayed.

John Heenan

Quote:
> After porting some VC6 projects to VC7 dotnet beta2 and using the ATL
wizard
> in VC7 (through 'Add Class') I am unable to use the ATL wizard in VC6 in
any
> VC6 projects

> I tried uninstalling VC6 and installing VC6 again. This did not work.

> I wonder if anyone has any ideas what is causing this and how it can be
> easily remedied.

> John Heenan

Thu, 06 May 2004 17:34:35 GMT
 Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2
Sorry, statement below should read

"However the ATL Class option is equivalent to inserting a Simple ATL
object, no ATL Object Wizard is displayed"

and not

"However the Generic Class is equivalent to inserting a Simple ATL object,
no ATL Object Wizard is displayed"

John Heenan

Quote:
> To be more specific, the ATL Com AppWizard still works in VC6. There is
now
> no 'New ATL Object' in the Insert menu to insert an new ATL class and the
> ATL toolbar button is 'greyed out'.

> If a new class in inserted from the Insert menu or by right clicking then
> there is an option to insert an ATL class or a Generic Class. However the
> Generic Class is equivalent to inserting a Simple ATL object, no ATL

Object
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  should read ATL Class
Quote:
> Wizard is displayed.

> John Heenan

> > After porting some VC6 projects to VC7 dotnet beta2 and using the ATL
> wizard
> > in VC7 (through 'Add Class') I am unable to use the ATL wizard in VC6 in
> any
> > VC6 projects

> > I tried uninstalling VC6 and installing VC6 again. This did not work.

> > I wonder if anyone has any ideas what is causing this and how it can be
> > easily remedied.

> > John Heenan

Thu, 06 May 2004 17:44:12 GMT
 Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2
I have got the ATL wizards working again.

Solution: apply SP5 again after reinstalling VC6.

John Heenan

Quote:
> After porting some VC6 projects to VC7 dotnet beta2 and using the ATL
wizard
> in VC7 (through 'Add Class') I am unable to use the ATL wizard in VC6 in
any
> VC6 projects

> I tried uninstalling VC6 and installing VC6 again. This did not work.

> I wonder if anyone has any ideas what is causing this and how it can be
> easily remedied.

> John Heenan

Fri, 07 May 2004 17:19:51 GMT

1. Can't add more than one ATL object to an ATL project using wizard

2. Cannot connect using ATL OLEDB Comsumer Wizard

3. Using ATL without wizards

4. Using Object Wizard to create ASP-hostable ATL objects

5. problem in building NT service using ATL wizard in release mode..Please help

6. Using CString in an ATL Wizard generated EXE server, VC 5.0

7. How to run the ATL Object Wizard control script without invoking the wizard

8. Problem Hosting ActiveX Controls Using ATL AXHost (CAxWindow2) using VC7

9. HELP : ATL Wizards keep disappearing in VC6.0 !

10. Can't add new ATL class to ATL wizard generated solution

11. ATL wizard fails to create new ATL object

12. ATL/COM App Wizard in VS.NET ?