Concurrent development of VS 6.0 and .NET
Author Message
 Concurrent development of VS 6.0 and .NET

Hss anyone tried concurrent development of vc++ 6.0
and .NET/Visual Studio.NET under XP.

Will the installs overwrite common files ?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:18:40 GMT
 Concurrent development of VS 6.0 and .NET

Quote:
> Hss anyone tried concurrent development of vc++ 6.0
> and .NET/Visual Studio.NET under XP.

> Will the installs overwrite common files ?

I have both working fine under XP RC1. There have been some reports of
trouble with VC6 command-line builds, but I do my building from the IDE so
this hasn't been an issue for me. VC7 includes completely new runtime DLL's,
so there's no clash with VC6 there.

Jeff

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:33:27 GMT

1. Concurrent VS .NET and V6?

2. VS.NET vs VC++ 6.0

3. Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side

4. VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues

5. install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?

6. VS 6.0 and VS .NET Beta 1 on the same machine

7. Ann: Join Microsoft for a live chat on VS .NET Integrated Development Environment

8. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

9. Using VS.NET with 6.0 Compiler

10. Problem in porting code from VC++ 6.0 to VS.Net (using STL)

11. Error Compiling VC 6.0 program in VS.net B2

12. Singleton Object Activation .NET 2003 Vs. VC++ 6.0