error spawning cl.exe in v6
Author Message
 error spawning cl.exe in v6

We need help. Every time we try to compile anything, we get the following in the
build window:
--------------------Configuration: test - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe

test.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
---- end of sample output ------------------

Is that enough information for someone to tell us where to look or what to do to
solve this? If not, I'd be happy to supply whatever information is needed so we
can get back to work. Thanks!

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:26:40 GMT
 error spawning cl.exe in v6
Check your path settings under Tools->Options->Directories.

Make sure the paths listed for the executable is correct for where you have
vcspawn.exe and CL.exe installed to.

You can also attach the <ProjecName>.plg file to this post. This is the
build log file, and it tends to have more information.

We need help. Every time we try to compile anything, we get the following in
the
build window:
--------------------Configuration: test - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe

test.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
---- end of sample output ------------------

Is that enough information for someone to tell us where to look or what to
do to
solve this? If not, I'd be happy to supply whatever information is needed so
we
can get back to work. Thanks!

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:40:33 GMT

1. Compile error: Error Spawning Cl.exe or link.exe

2. error PRJ0003: Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

3. error spawning cl.exe when profile

4. Error: spawning cl.exe

5. Error spawning cl.exe???

6. What causes "Error spawning cl.exe"