Strange problem for 2 versions of VS.Net
Author Message
 Strange problem for 2 versions of VS.Net

Hi,

Is there any person know the following problem?

I am MSDN subscriber. When MS just released VS.Net, I downloaded it from
their web site. Using this version, I developed several projects. At Feb 12
( just before VSLive at SF), I got the DVD from MS. It marked as "Special
Release" for VS.Net. I installed this version of VS.Net on my another
machine, and copy the exe file which I built on other machine using the
download version. I try to run the exe file (C# application), but It failed.
Of cause, this application does run on my developer machine which I
installed download version of VS.Net.

This is very strange. I couldn't figure out what's the problem. Can any
person help on this?

Thanks

Mike zhao

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:14:24 GMT
 Strange problem for 2 versions of VS.Net
Can you look at the versions installed on the 2 machines? Simplest way is
probably to look at the directory name under you system directory's
Framework subdirectory. If the version numbers don't match on both, that
might be a reason for the app failing.

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler team

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there any person know the following problem?

> I am MSDN subscriber. When MS just released VS.Net, I downloaded it from
> their web site. Using this version, I developed several projects. At Feb
12
> ( just before VSLive at SF), I got the DVD from MS. It marked as "Special
> Release" for VS.Net. I installed this version of VS.Net on my another
> machine, and copy the exe file which I built on other machine using the
> download version. I try to run the exe file (C# application), but It
failed.
> Of cause, this application does run on my developer machine which I
> installed download version of VS.Net.

> This is very strange. I couldn't figure out what's the problem. Can any
> person help on this?

> Thanks

> Mike zhao

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:02:10 GMT

1. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

2. HELP!!(How to make release version or install version in VS.NET)

3. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

4. VS.net versions?

5. VS.NET version control customization

6. Which VC++ Version in VS.NET?

7. C# Version in VS.Net Class Library?

8. Fixed version of VS.NET Beta 2?

9. Strange problem with release version.

10. Strange problem with release version.

11. Strange problem with release version.

12. a very strange memory allocation problem, malloc vs new