Debugging into managed c++ DLL that is being used by unmanaged code
Author Message
 Debugging into managed c++ DLL that is being used by unmanaged code

Hi,

I've written a managed c++ class library that exports some functions
which can be called from Visual 6.0 C++ application.  Is there a way I
can step through the DLL from the de{*filter*}?  If not what is the best
way to debug the DLL while it is being used from the Visual 6
application?

Thanks,
Ronnie

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 06:40:15 GMT
 Debugging into managed c++ DLL that is being used by unmanaged code

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've written a managed c++ class library that exports some functions
> which can be called from Visual 6.0 C++ application.  Is there a way I
> can step through the DLL from the de{*filter*}?  If not what is the best
> way to debug the DLL while it is being used from the Visual 6
> application?

> Thanks,
> Ronnie

I had the debug option set to Auto instead of mixed.

Thanks anyway.

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:59:16 GMT
 Debugging into managed c++ DLL that is being used by unmanaged code
Yes, we know that auto is a very confusing term in this instance. It means
"look at the startup exe and see whether it is managed or native" instead of
what most people would rightfully expect from the word auto which is more
along the lines of "do the right thing whether I have managed or native
code".

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ team

Quote:
> > Hi,

> > I've written a managed c++ class library that exports some functions
> > which can be called from Visual 6.0 C++ application.  Is there a way I
> > can step through the DLL from the de{*filter*}?  If not what is the best
> > way to debug the DLL while it is being used from the Visual 6
> > application?

> > Thanks,
> > Ronnie

> I had the debug option set to Auto instead of mixed.

> Thanks anyway.

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:07:50 GMT

1. Debugging mixed managed/unmanaged c++ code

2. Possible vc++ bug: using c++ references to managed objects in unmanaged code

3. debugging unmanaged c++ from a managed c++ class library

4. Referencing data from unmanaged code to managed code in C++ Wrapper class

5. Fatal Error C1010 in Mixing Managed C++ and Unmanaged C++ Code

6. How to call managed C++ DLL from unmanaged C++ EXE

7. Managed c++ with unmanaged code Linking problem...

8. C++ Dot net: calling managed method from unmanaged code

9. Unmanaged DLL from Managed code on the fly Dynamicaly, (LoadLibrary)

10. problem of unmanaged exception in managed code C++

11. Unmanaged code in managed DLL: $ArrayType$0x4b6a6b8c ?

12. Please I am looking for sample code (C++ BUT NO MFC PLEASE)