Debugging an IFilter DLL
Author Message
 Debugging an IFilter DLL

I would appreciate being told how to debug an IFilter DLL.
I set break points in the DLL, then attached to the cisvc process.
I touched a file and nothing happened, meaning none of the break points
were hit.

thank you
Mark

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:07:00 GMT
 Debugging an IFilter DLL
Hi,

What's the build the IFilter DLL, Debug or Release? If it's of release
build, please generate .pdb (symbol file) for your IFilter DLL and put it
to where IFilter DLL resides. In addition, I recommend you to use IFilter
Test Suite for testing your filter.

Testing Filters
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/inde...
ml/ixufilt_822b.asp

Hope this helps.

Regards,
HuangTM

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:07:50 GMT

1. Wanted: IFilter DLL

2. Wanted: IFilter DLL

3. Implement interface IFilter & IPersistFile

4. Ifilter

5. Creating a new IFilter...

6. Ifilter interface

7. Index server IFilter needed for .pdf

8. Debugging code linked to non-debug versions of DLLs

9. Debigging non-debug process and debug DLL

10. NON-debug DLLs in debug

11. Debugging child process, Startup .EXE for debugging DLL

12. How to access and debug a C# dll from a C dll