Build timestamp
Author Message
 Build timestamp

I am using VC++ 4.1 and it appears to embed timestamps (or
something similar) in generated EXEs. If a build a project
and then without making any source code changes rebuild
again at a later time the generated EXEs differ by a few
bytes. For source code management purposes I need to be
able to accurately reproduce identical binary images at a
later date. Is there any way of turing of this embedded
timestamp?

Thanks,

Owen

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:31:10 GMT
 Build timestamp
Owen,

Quote:
> I am using VC++ 4.1 and it appears to embed timestamps (or
> something similar) in generated EXEs. If a build a project
> and then without making any source code changes rebuild
> again at a later time the generated EXEs differ by a few
> bytes. For source code management purposes I need to be
> able to accurately reproduce identical binary images at a
> later date. Is there any way of turing of this embedded
> timestamp?

Not that I know of. That timestamp is partly required by the PE file spec.

--
Tomas Restrepo

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:46:55 GMT

1. Build timestamp embedded in EXE

2. UNIX timestamp

3. a predefined compile-timestamp token?

4. How to maintain TimeStamp consistency across Time Zones?

5. finding file creation timestamp

6. Getting Assembly compilation timestamp

7. Decoding the VMS 64bit timestamp...

8. getting timestamp from time()

9. timestamp

10. can C access timestamps?