OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps
Author Message
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

Does anyone know if the "OLEACC.DLL is required" error on
Win95 for MFC apps will be fixed on VC 7.1 (Everett) ?

This problem is not mentioned at (there is no deployment list):
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
but is implied to be fixed at (Win95 is on the deployment list):
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Please note that I am getting around this problem by statically linking
the MFC library and then delay loading OLEACC.DLL but this feels
kinda kludegy to me.

Thanks,
Lynn McGuire

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:56:18 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

Quote:
>Does anyone know if the "OLEACC.DLL is required" error on
>Win95 for MFC apps will be fixed on VC 7.1 (Everett) ?

Lynn,

There's no difference in this respect with the Final Beta release.

Quote:
>but is implied to be fixed at (Win95 is on the deployment list):
>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/productinfo/visualc03/sysreqs/defau...

I'm surprised to see Win95 mentioned there, since as far as I know,
it's no longer a supported platform.

Quote:
>Please note that I am getting around this problem by statically linking
>the MFC library and then delay loading OLEACC.DLL but this feels
>kinda kludegy to me.

I agree, but I've not had any problems doing it.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:22:37 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

Quote:
> >Does anyone know if the "OLEACC.DLL is required" error on
> >Win95 for MFC apps will be fixed on VC 7.1 (Everett) ?

> Lynn,

> There's no difference in this respect with the Final Beta release.

The MFC71.DLL that's in the RC1 release delay loads all of the
following:

ADVAPI32.DLL
ole32.dll
SHELL32.dll
OLEAUT32.dll  <---
WS2_32.dll
OLEACC.dll
COMCTL32.dll
comdlg32.dll
WINSPOOL.DRV
WININET.DLL
oledlg.dll
urlmon.dll
ODBC32.dll

I'm not an MFC user, but I assume that'll allow MFC71 to be used on
Win95 as long as the functions using OLEACC32.dll are not called.

-cd

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:48:57 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

ADVAPI32.DLL

Quote:
> ole32.dll
> SHELL32.dll
> OLEAUT32.dll  <---
> WS2_32.dll
> OLEACC.dll

Oops - pointed at the wrong one!  oleacc.dll is the one in question :)

-cd

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:21:12 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

Quote:
>Oops - pointed at the wrong one!  oleacc.dll is the one in question :)

You're right - it has changed, and also for statically linked MFC.
When I last enquired I'm sure I was told it wouldn't make it for
Everett. That's a pleasant surprise :)

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 03:58:03 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps
Thanks for catching this David, the web site is in error and will be
modified, we are only supporting Windows 98 and up. Having said that we try
not to make radical changes to MFC application requirements, so you may be
able to get an application to work on Windows 95.

Thanks,
Pranish Kumar

Quote:
> >Does anyone know if the "OLEACC.DLL is required" error on
> >Win95 for MFC apps will be fixed on VC 7.1 (Everett) ?

> Lynn,

> There's no difference in this respect with the Final Beta release.

> >but is implied to be fixed at (Win95 is on the deployment list):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/productinfo/visualc03/sysreqs/defau...
Quote:

> I'm surprised to see Win95 mentioned there, since as far as I know,
> it's no longer a supported platform.

> >Please note that I am getting around this problem by statically linking
> >the MFC library and then delay loading OLEACC.DLL but this feels
> >kinda kludegy to me.

> I agree, but I've not had any problems doing it.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:04:32 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

Quote:
>Thanks for catching this David, the web site is in error and will be
>modified, we are only supporting Windows 98 and up. Having said that we try
>not to make radical changes to MFC application requirements, so you may be
>able to get an application to work on Windows 95.

With the change to delayload oleacc.dll you're well on the way to
supporting Win95 anyway ;)

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:11:06 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps
unless shlwapi.dll is missing on the system,

Ted.

Quote:
> >Thanks for catching this David, the web site is in error and will be
> >modified, we are only supporting Windows 98 and up. Having said that we
try
> >not to make radical changes to MFC application requirements, so you may
be
> >able to get an application to work on Windows 95.

> With the change to delayload oleacc.dll you're well on the way to
> supporting Win95 anyway ;)

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:35:16 GMT
 OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

Quote:
>unless shlwapi.dll is missing on the system,

True.

If only MS would provide a redistributable component (other than IE)
for shlwapi.dll!

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:05:53 GMT

1. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

2. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

3. CWnd dependencies in MFC 7.0 (OLEACC.dll)

4. Linker errors for Win95 GENERIC app

5. Accessing 16 bit .dlls from Win32 apps in win95

6. Win95 MFC Apps minimized and maximized

7. Link errors with MFC app and non-MFC library

8. Help w/ app crashing in MFC shared dll but not w\ static MFC using VC6

9. Using non-MFC DLL in MFC app

10. Invoking an Dialog Box from an MFC app to an MFC DLL

11. Calling MFC DLLs from a non-MFC app

12. Memory Allocation using MFC App and DLL with shared MFC library