Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'
Author Message
 Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'

Having ported an application from VC6 to .NET we've found that it's
making use of (or trying to) 'OLEACC.dll'. It appears that DLL is
only available on NT4+SP6 or higher.

Why is this DLL being used - the application is certainly not making
any use of OLE? Is there a way to stop this DLL being used?

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:05:45 GMT
 Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'
This could possibly be part of Microsoft's plan to push the upgrade issue
for those still running Windows 95 and NT 4. <g>  The workaround, as
suggested in other threads here, is to add oleacc.dll to the list of delay
loaded DLLs.

Keith MacDonald

Quote:
> Having ported an application from VC6 to .NET we've found that it's
> making use of (or trying to) 'OLEACC.dll'. It appears that DLL is
> only available on NT4+SP6 or higher.

> Why is this DLL being used - the application is certainly not making
> any use of OLE? Is there a way to stop this DLL being used?

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:19:04 GMT
 Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'
It was a mistake, if you study the MFC makefile it correctly delayloads
oleacc.dll for 64-bit builds of MFC only.  Someone forgot to add it to the
other block of libraries in the same makefile.  Someone from Microsoft has
stated this will be fixed in the next service pack.  For now there is a new
version of MFC 7.0 (build 9480) available as a hot fix for another fix.  See

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q319660

You would have to go through Microsoft support services to request this DLL.

Ted.

Quote:
> Having ported an application from VC6 to .NET we've found that it's
> making use of (or trying to) 'OLEACC.dll'. It appears that DLL is
> only available on NT4+SP6 or higher.

> Why is this DLL being used - the application is certainly not making
> any use of OLE? Is there a way to stop this DLL being used?

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:26:06 GMT
 Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'
Keith,

Quote:
> The workaround, as
> suggested in other threads here, is to add oleacc.dll to the list of delay
> loaded DLLs.

Thanks.

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:49:52 GMT
 Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'
Adding oleacc.dll as delay loaded DLL and DelayImp.lib as additional
dependency in the linker input options solved the problem for me.

Franz

Quote:
> Having ported an application from VC6 to .NET we've found that it's
> making use of (or trying to) 'OLEACC.dll'. It appears that DLL is
> only available on NT4+SP6 or higher.

> Why is this DLL being used - the application is certainly not making
> any use of OLE? Is there a way to stop this DLL being used?

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:36:07 GMT

1. Need Help using DLL with 'C'

2. Enumerating processes using 'psapi.dll'

3. __argv fails in dll when using multi-threaded msvcrt dll's

4. Using a DLL's resources from another DLL

5. Unwanted ID's in project

6. Creating dll's referencing legacy dll's

7. point d'entrée fnovr501 d'une DLL introuvable dans C:\...\ovr501.dll

8. Mixing MFC Extension DLL's with Regular DLL's

9. Using .DLL's

10. Passing Data Between Exe's using Dll

11. .DLL's for WIN NT 4.0 using Informix ESQLC

12. Using DLL's