MFC in VC 6 vs MFC in VC 7 (.NET)
Author Message
 MFC in VC 6 vs MFC in VC 7 (.NET)

I know that this topic has probably already been discussed but..

I have a few programs that I have written in MFC and Win32 programs  under
VC++ 6.
I would like to contiune to maintain those programs but install Visual
Studios .NET
and start becoming familiar with C#.

Are there any significant differences between the way MFC and Win32 are
implemented in the new VC++ 7 librarys that would make this a difficult
task.

~Todd

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:13:14 GMT
 MFC in VC 6 vs MFC in VC 7 (.NET)

Quote:
>Are there any significant differences between the way MFC and Win32 are
>implemented in the new VC++ 7 librarys that would make this a difficult
>task.

Todd,

There are no fundamental differences, but there are some small ones
such as an improved compiler and subtle changes in MFC. Depending on
your code you may experience no issues at all, or just have a few
minor changes to make.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:56:12 GMT
 MFC in VC 6 vs MFC in VC 7 (.NET)
Todd,

Quote:
> Are there any significant differences between the way MFC and Win32 are
> implemented in the new VC++ 7 librarys that would make this a difficult
> task.

I'd like to add to what David said that you _can_ install VC++.NET and still
keep 6.0 installed, which means that you will be able to use it to maintain
your MFC applications while you move them to VC++7...

--
Tomas Restrepo

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:16:41 GMT

1. Compile error on generated ActiveX MFC wrapper class ( VC++7, VS.NET 2002 )

2. Using version 6 MFC and VC runtimes on a VC.Net project

3. convert mfc (.NET) to mfc (VC++6)?

4. How to call VB.net and ASP.net programs in MFC?(or,asp call vc)

5. iostream vs iostream.h -- VC++5 vs VC++6 problem

6. Problems debugging MFC under VC 4.2 with separate VC 5.0 installation present

7. MSSQL7.0 (SP4) vs MFC (VC++6; SP5)

8. microsoft.public.vc.mfc, microsoft.public.vc.ide_general

9. Can VC++5.0 use VC++6.00 MFC and DLLs

10. Challenge/Help VB.NET VC++.NET VC++6.0

11. VC 6 vs VC7 (VS.net)

12. Slower compilation with VC Net 2003 (7.1) when compared to VC Net 7.0