Managed C++ can't see System::Text::RegularExpressions namespace
Author Message
 Managed C++ can't see System::Text::RegularExpressions namespace

My C++ with Managed Extensions code gets an error [C2039:
'RegularExpressions' : is not a member of 'System::Text'] when I include the
line:

    using namespace System::Text::RegularExpressions;

Nor does Intellisense show RegularExpressions under System::Text.

Interestingly, other namespaces such as System::Text work fine.  And in my
C# projects, I can access both System.Text and
System.Text.RegularExpressions just fine.  Is there a reason why a
particular namespace would not be available under Managed Extensions?

(Using release candidate.)

Thanks,

Steve

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:06:22 GMT
 Managed C++ can't see System::Text::RegularExpressions namespace

You need to be "#using <system.dll>"
after you add that RegularExpressions should show up on intellisense and
your project should compile fine.

thanks,
Emmanuel
Visual C++ Libraries Team

Quote:
> My C++ with Managed Extensions code gets an error [C2039:
> 'RegularExpressions' : is not a member of 'System::Text'] when I include
the
> line:

>     using namespace System::Text::RegularExpressions;

> Nor does Intellisense show RegularExpressions under System::Text.

> Interestingly, other namespaces such as System::Text work fine.  And in my
> C# projects, I can access both System.Text and
> System.Text.RegularExpressions just fine.  Is there a reason why a
> particular namespace would not be available under Managed Extensions?

> (Using release candidate.)

> Thanks,

> Steve

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:16:16 GMT

1. System.Component.DescriptionAttribute in Managed C++

2. Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not create System Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System

3. Problems with namespace System::Collections::Specialized

4. about the namespace System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp

5. System.ExecutionEngineException - mixing managed/unmanaged code

6. Managed C++ wont include c# namespace (user defined)

7. override System.Windows.Forms.Treenode.Text

8. System.Text.RegularExpression.Regex problem

9. can't find namespace using System.Web.UI.Design

10. System can't find ServiceProcess namespace

11. Passing System::String to Managed C++ Functions

12. System::String *sa and LPTSTR in new C++ managed (studio 7)