Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del
Author Message
 Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

I was under the impression that this was the one keypress that you cannot
capture or disable in WinNT/2000/XP since it is an operating system specific
key chord.

Regards,

todd

Quote:
> Hi

> How can i disable Ctrl+Alt+Del i my program (Win API 32).
> I use Windows 2000.

> Thanks

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:28:47 GMT
 Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del
Short answer, you can't.

Longer answer, you can, but not "in your program".  You can write & install
a new "GINA" which changes the SAS (Secure Attention Sequence) to something
of your choosing other than Ctrl+Alt+Del.  This is a global change to the
computer+OS which will affect all programs/users of the machine.

Try seaching for "GINA"  and "SAS" on the MSDN website.
-cd

Quote:
> Hi

> How can i disable Ctrl+Alt+Del i my program (Win API 32).
> I use Windows 2000.

> Thanks

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 05:08:24 GMT

1. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

2. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

3. disabling CTRL ALT DEL

4. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del???

5. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del functionality

6. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del functionality

7. disabling CTRL ALT DEL

8. Disable CTRL-ALT-DEL ?

9. Disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del

10. How can I disable Ctrl+Alt+Del?

11. Disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del with Turbo C?

12. Routine to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del on PC