How to get the type-library GUID in an attributed ATL project
Author Message
 How to get the type-library GUID in an attributed ATL project

Subject pretty much says it all. I need the uuid of the typelibrary so that
I can load the typelibrary and get the record info for a struct. According
to the docs, I should be able to use __uuidof(libraryname), but that doesn't
seem to be working because the compiler complains that 'libraryname' isn't
identified.

For example, here's my module attribute:

[
module(dll,
uuid = "{63A95F53-19EC-4E4B-B605-04AC38AE3FDA}",
name = "AssetGeneric_DB",
helpstring = "AssetGeneric_DB 1.0 Type Library",
resource_name = "IDR_ASSETGENERIC_DB")
];

So based on the online help I should be able to use
__uuidof(AssetGeneric_DB), right? If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong I'd
really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:02:14 GMT
 How to get the type-library GUID in an attributed ATL project
Just an addendum. I found in another help topic that if the libraryname
isn't visible in the current scope you should be able to use __LIBID_, but
that doesn't work either. Anybody have any ideas?

Jeff

Quote:
> Subject pretty much says it all. I need the uuid of the typelibrary so
that
> I can load the typelibrary and get the record info for a struct. According
> to the docs, I should be able to use __uuidof(libraryname), but that
doesn't
> seem to be working because the compiler complains that 'libraryname' isn't
> identified.

> For example, here's my module attribute:

> [
> module(dll,
> uuid = "{63A95F53-19EC-4E4B-B605-04AC38AE3FDA}",
> name = "AssetGeneric_DB",
> helpstring = "AssetGeneric_DB 1.0 Type Library",
> resource_name = "IDR_ASSETGENERIC_DB")
> ];

> So based on the online help I should be able to use
> __uuidof(AssetGeneric_DB), right? If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong
I'd
> really appreciate some help.

> Thanks,

> Jeff

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 23:24:23 GMT

1. Getting hModule in ATL project using attributes?

2. ATL, importlib attribute, library attribute, ADO

3. GUID type support in for ODBC/C++/GUID as replacement for autonumber fields

4. using ATL types in non-ATL project

5. Problem with generated IDL using ATL attributed project

6. "attributed" ATL project with VS.NET

7. Attributed ATL project and MSXML2.idl

8. Rich-Error info lost on Attributed ATL project in remote debug config (again)

9. Rich-Error info lost on Attributed ATL project in remote configuration

10. Attributed ATL Project question.

11. problems building attributed ATL project

12. Getting the type an attribute applies to