how get rid of recursive checkout?
Author Message
 how get rid of recursive checkout?

1. How do I check out the project (.vcproj) without having it threaten
to check out all the files in the project?  If I wanted to check
everything out then I would have selected them all in solution
explorer first.  Checking out the project is a commonly needed
operation, but I have never ever needed to check out all files, and
it's  hard to imagine how often would anybody want that as it locks
everybody else out from working on the project.

2. How do I get rid of the "get latest version (recursive)" option in
taskbar and right-clock menus?  This is a dangerous option; the
chances of somebody hitting it by mistake are much greater than the
chances of ever wanting to do it.

--
delete N0SPAAM to reply by email

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:24:48 GMT
 how get rid of recursive checkout?

Quote:

> 1. How do I check out the project (.vcproj) without having it threaten
> to check out all the files in the project?  If I wanted to check
> everything out then I would have selected them all in solution
> explorer first.  Checking out the project is a commonly needed
> operation, but I have never ever needed to check out all files, and
> it's  hard to imagine how often would anybody want that as it locks
> everybody else out from working on the project.

> 2. How do I get rid of the "get latest version (recursive)" option in
> taskbar and right-clock menus?  This is a dangerous option; the
> chances of somebody hitting it by mistake are much greater than the
> chances of ever wanting to do it.

My personal biased answer:  disable the VSS integration with the IDE - it
thinks it knows better than you how to manage your project.  I only ever use
VSS (or whatever source control a project is using) stand-alone.

Perhaps someone who uses the VSS integration can provide a less drastic
answer :)

-cd

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:44:43 GMT

1. Getting rid of the web browser's toolbar

2. getting rid of C++ classes

3. getting rid of the DOS window in console application

4. Getting rid of leading whitesapce

5. Getting rid of the \n

6. Getting rid of the Carriage return

7. Getting rid of global

8. Getting rid of globals

9. Getting rid of CRLF i

10. Getting rid of CRLF in files

11. To All that have replied on Getting rid of if() statements

12. ADO DataGrid and getting values of the current row of the Data G rid