Compuware Profiler
Author Message
 Compuware Profiler

Has anybody else tried the Compuware profiler with MSVC7?  It's free, and it
seems to integrate nicely with MSVC.  You can get it at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  When I built with profiling, it
instrumented all my .cpp files, but the link ran over night (more than 12
hours) without finishing.  If you have used the profiler, did your link take
a long time?

Anybody know of a better newsgroup for discussing the Compuware Profile?

Thanks,
Mark Gilbert

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:37:25 GMT
 Compuware Profiler

Quote:
>Has anybody else tried the Compuware profiler with MSVC7?  It's free, and it
>seems to integrate nicely with MSVC.  You can get it at
>http://www.compuware.com/products/numega/dps/profiler/index.htm.

>Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  When I built with profiling, it
>instrumented all my .cpp files, but the link ran over night (more than 12
>hours) without finishing.  If you have used the profiler, did your link take
>a long time?

I've just tried it today - but only on a very simple program. I didn't
notice the linker taking any longer than normal.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:44:33 GMT

1. Debugging NT service using Compuware boundschecker

2. Profiler & Leak detector

3. Profiler

4. Profiler

5. Where's my profiler??

6. Profiler?

7. Is there a profiler comes with VC7??

8. q: profiler for webform app ?

9. VS.NET Profiler

10. C profiler at micrsosecond level timing

11. C source analyser/profiler

12. Binary Profiler