LNK1179 : duplicate COMDAT
Author Message
 LNK1179 : duplicate COMDAT

Quote:
> I'm getting a linker error LNK1179.  By trial and error I've narrowed it
> down to one virtual method--if I comment that method out it builds fine.

> I'm not using the /H linker flag, so I should have all 2047 characters
> available to me for my symbols.  I do have some pretty funky templating
> going on, but it's hard to believe that's the cause of the problem.  If it
> were, why would it always be that one same method that's causing the link
> error?  I've tried changing its signature (return type, method name,
> arguments) in the hopes that would differentiate it from any other
> identifier but no luck.

> Anybody seen this before, or have further advice?

> Nate Hekman
> GEO-SLOPE International Ltd.
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi Nathaniel,
    If you haven't been able to resolve it, Can you have some sort of a
repro case, you can either turn /verbose in link options that might help you
identifying the conflicting names and where they are coming from.

if that doesn't help. it would be great if you could send out a repro case
for this problem so that we can look into it.

Thanks

--
Mukul Kumar
Bob Davidson

Visual C++ Team

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:59:17 GMT
 LNK1179 : duplicate COMDAT

Quote:
> I'm getting a linker error LNK1179.  By trial and error I've narrowed it
> down to one virtual method--if I comment that method out it builds fine.

> I'm not using the /H linker flag, so I should have all 2047 characters
> available to me for my symbols.  I do have some pretty funky templating
> going on, but it's hard to believe that's the cause of the problem.  If it
> were, why would it always be that one same method that's causing the link
> error?  I've tried changing its signature (return type, method name,
> arguments) in the hopes that would differentiate it from any other
> identifier but no luck.

Is the method in question inline?

Is there any possibility that the definition of the method could be
different in two or more modules (thus violating the C++ One Definition
Rule)?  If the method is inline, trying making it out-of-line and see if
that resolves the error.

-cd

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:43:46 GMT

1. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

2. LNK1179 invalid or corrupt comdat HELP !!!

3. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

4. Linker error LNK1179 -- what's a COMDAT?

5. ERROR: duplicate comdat HELP!!!

6. fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file

7. LNK1179 - Compiler bug?

8. LNK1179 error

9. LNK1179 error

10. LNK1179 error problem