Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET
Author Message
 Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

I am trying to build a small executable in c++ that I want
to deploy on multiple customer sites.  I can build it
fine, the problem occurs when I run the app on the
customer site.  It requires mscoree.dll.  Is there any way
to remove this dependancy in my project?

-David

Fri, 27 May 2005 07:56:42 GMT
 Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET
David,

Quote:
> I am trying to build a small executable in c++ that I want
> to deploy on multiple customer sites.  I can build it
> fine, the problem occurs when I run the app on the
> customer site.  It requires mscoree.dll.  Is there any way
> to remove this dependancy in my project?

That will only happen if you're using MC++, and thus .NET. In that case,
there's not much you can do about it, as you'll need to install the .NET
framework on the target machine.

--
Tomas Restrepo

Fri, 27 May 2005 08:07:57 GMT
 Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

Quote:
> I am trying to build a small executable in c++ that I want
> to deploy on multiple customer sites.  I can build it
> fine, the problem occurs when I run the app on the
> customer site.  It requires mscoree.dll.  Is there any way
> to remove this dependancy in my project?

You probably chose the "Managed C++ Application" project type when you
created your project.  You need to choose the "Win32" project type to
produce a simple Win32 native console application instead of a .NET console
application.

You should be able to modify the project you have already - open the project
in Visual Studio.NET and view the project properties.  Select the "General"
properties page, and change the "Use Managed Extensions" drop-down from
"Yes" to "No".

-cd

Fri, 27 May 2005 08:51:07 GMT

1. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

2. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

3. and mscoree.dll problem when C++ app terminates

4. Debugger doesn't work with both Visual C++ and .Net installed

5. Building Console Apps With VC.NET

6. PRB: Wildcard Expansion for Console App Doesn't Seem to Work

7. Wildcard Expansion for Console App Doesn't Seem to Work

8. AVI's and Visual C++ 4 Help Required

9. Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

10. AVI's and Visual C++ 4 Help Required

11. COM dll builds but doesn't register

12. Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL