alternative to #import <msxml2.dll>
Author Message
 alternative to #import <msxml2.dll>

i'm using an MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument but i'd rather not #import <msxml2.dll>
as it is doing something strange to the namespaces of my entire solution
(regrettably the solution is using a different (non-DOM) XML parser in
another part of the code).

what header files should i use in the class that uses the DOM?  what should
i link with?

and on a side note, what does #import REALLY do?

--

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:43:26 GMT
 alternative to #import <msxml2.dll>

You don't have to use #import - you can revert to the "old" way of doing
things - this involves using the midl compiler to generate a C-style header
which you can then #include into your project.

If you are having problems with #import you should look at the various
options like rename or rename_namespace which can help you get rid the name
collisions you appear to be having.

--
Jonathan Caves
Microsoft Corporation

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

> i'm using an MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument but i'd rather not #import
<msxml2.dll>
> as it is doing something strange to the namespaces of my entire solution
> (regrettably the solution is using a different (non-DOM) XML parser in
> another part of the code).

> what header files should i use in the class that uses the DOM?  what
should
> i link with?

> and on a side note, what does #import REALLY do?

> --

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:56:13 GMT

1. <<<<<<<Parsing help, please>>>>>>>>

2. File Format conversion, ascii freeform -->.csv <-->.wk1<-->dbf<-->?HELP

3. ADO : #import <msado15.dll> statement

4. VC 6.0 #import <olemsg32.dll> error

5. VC 6.0 #import <olemsg32.dll> error

6. <<<>>>Need C code advice with functions and sorting.<<<>>>

8. >>>Windows Service<<<

9. IDL question - import "msxml2.idl";

10. MIDL Error, while importing msxml2.idl

11. #import <mshtml.tlb>

12. proposal: <basic.h>, <pascal.h>, <fortran.h>, <cobol.h>