Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side
Author Message
 Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side

Hi all,

Is it possible to have both Visual Studio.NET and Visual
Studio 6.0 installed on the same computer without trouble?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Orlean.

Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:15:24 GMT
 Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side
Yes, I have on my machine side by side, no problems.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Is it possible to have both Visual Studio.NET and Visual
> Studio 6.0 installed on the same computer without trouble?

> Your response is highly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Orlean.

Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:57:27 GMT
 Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side
Yeah, it works with no problem. Make sure you install VS6 first though...

Mark

Quote:
> Yes, I have on my machine side by side, no problems.

> > Hi all,

> > Is it possible to have both Visual Studio.NET and Visual
> > Studio 6.0 installed on the same computer without trouble?

> > Your response is highly appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Orlean.

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 05:33:40 GMT
 Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side
Hello Orlean,

Thank you for using Microosft Newsgroup. My name is Lion.

I have installed both VS 6 and VS .NET, and both worked fine. This is the
steps I have performed:

1. Install Windows XP
2. Install Office XP
3. Install Visual Studio 6
4. Install SP5 for Visual Studio 6
5. Install Visual Studio .NET RC1

I think the key point is to install the Visual Studio 6 and SP5 before
install the Visual Studio .NET. Please note: although they can work well
together, it is not recommended to install two Visual Studios on one system.

Best regards,

Lion Shi, MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------

    Subject: Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side
    Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:15:24 -0800

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc

    Hi all,

    Is it possible to have both Visual Studio.NET and Visual
    Studio 6.0 installed on the same computer without trouble?

    Your response is highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Orlean.

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:07:19 GMT
 Installing VS.Net and VS 6.0 side by side
I want to thank all those who replied to my posting. Your
help was greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for helping me out. I will try your
suggestions.

Orlean.

Quote:

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:22:25 GMT

1. install vs.net with VS 6.0 still present?

2. Side by Side COMponent install

3. Server Side and Client Side Scripting in ASP.NET

4. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

5. New Install of VS.NET brings up IE vs App on debug

6. VS 6.0 and VS .NET Beta 1 on the same machine

7. VS 6.0 -> VS .NET migration issues

8. VS.NET vs VC++ 6.0

9. Side effects Vs Undefined behavior

10. Raise event from client side on server side, passing parameter

11. ATL 7 side-by-side component registration

12. Side-by-side VC6 and C# debug sessions.