Source save integration is unwealdy
Author Message
 Source save integration is unwealdy

Hi,

When the Check-out dialog pops, the focus is in edit box. I think that it
will be more useful to place focus on the OK button. I don't write notes
during check-out.

Regards Jan

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:37:59 GMT
 Source save integration is unwealdy
I'll second that, it's really annoying (and it's not only a VSS problem, I'm
using Perforce).

BTW, you did notice that there's an option to "Check out automatically when
checked-in items are edited", right? For me, that's not an option - I'd
still like to be notified that the file I'm trying (intentionally or not) to
edit is under source control and checked-in.

// Johan

Quote:
> Hi,

> When the Check-out dialog pops, the focus is in edit box. I think that it
> will be more useful to place focus on the OK button. I don't write notes
> during check-out.

> Regards Jan

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:34:35 GMT
 Source save integration is unwealdy
Yes I am aware of that but I prefer to be notified too :-).

Jan

Quote:
> BTW, you did notice that there's an option to "Check out automatically
when
> checked-in items are edited", right? For me, that's not an option - I'd
> still like to be notified that the file I'm trying (intentionally or not)
> edit is under source control and checked-in.

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:11:20 GMT
 Source save integration is unwealdy
Hi,

thanks for explanation, it sounds reasonable. It is always hard to keep both
requests satisfied.

Jan

Quote:
> Thanks for the feedback. This has been an interesting and
> controversial issue. When we shipped beta 1, the focus was on the OK
> button, which was our initial instinct about what was right. We got
> a bunch of feedback from customers in newsgroups and elsewhere that what
> they wanted was to focus in the edit box, both so that they could type a
> comment and to help avoid over-type, so we switched it for the final
> version.

> We've had a bunch of feedback in the other direction since then; we'll be
> revisiting this for the next version of the product.

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:01:31 GMT

1. C++ .net Standard - Source Control Integration

2. PVCS-VM source control integration

3. IDE/Source control Integration Documentation?

4. Turning off source control integration

5. i am looking for some source code.

6. Latest version form Source Save

7. I am new to programming and am lost

8. VC++ 6 often fails to save source file

9. error: can't save source file

10. BMP save EGA in Turbo C help needed (C source here-)

11. Saving source file bookmarks?

12. CWebBrowser - Saving DHTML source ?