Various linker errors when compiling with /GZ
Author Message
 Various linker errors when compiling with /GZ

I have some VC6 projects which I have tried building using VC7 compiler
within the .Net platform SDK.  The project compiles fine, but the link fails
with:-

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
referenced in function _$E1

...and other similar messages.

A little experimentation shows that removing the /GZ compiler option fixes
the problem.  However, I would like to be able to use the fine features of
the /GZ option.  Can anyone point me at the correct solution?

Many thanks
Rob Lugt

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:05:01 GMT
 Various linker errors when compiling with /GZ
You are linking with 6.0 CRT runtimes. Make sure you have the correct 7.0
static libs or import libs.

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler and libraries team

Quote:
> I have some VC6 projects which I have tried building using VC7 compiler
> within the .Net platform SDK.  The project compiles fine, but the link
fails
> with:-

> main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
> referenced in function _$E1

> ...and other similar messages.

> A little experimentation shows that removing the /GZ compiler option fixes
> the problem.  However, I would like to be able to use the fine features of
> the /GZ option.  Can anyone point me at the correct solution?

> Many thanks
> Rob Lugt

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:49:13 GMT

1. help compiling mhash-0.8.9.tar.gz

2. Compiling HellopApp - Linker error

3. What are the various causes of a Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

4. linker error again: unusual fatal error LNK1104

5. linker error 2001/compiler error 2893(templates and friend clases involved)

6. Linker Error : Internal Error on Pass2

7. VC 5.0 Compile Errors (compiles fine with 4.2)

8. Linker warnings when compiling Release version!

9. Problem compiling via VC++1.52, stopping linker...

10. Linker warnings when compiling Release version!

11. string.h compile error Parse Error

12. No More Compiling Errors Now Execution Errors