LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'
Author Message
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

Hello,

When I complied my VC++6 project in the VS.NET (VC++.Net) I could compile
the project but when linking I got this error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

I have spending lot of time, I couldn't really find exactly what is the
problem.

thanks in advance for any help

Prabu

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:26:05 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

Quote:
>When I complied my VC++6 project in the VS.NET (VC++.Net) I could compile
>the project but when linking I got this error:
>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

Prabu,

I'd guess that you're linking in a static library that is built with
VC6. You should re-build not only your main application, but also any
static libraries.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:06:50 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'
Dave
Thanks for the reply, I don;'t know how do I rebuild my static librariries?
u mean the dll that are creatred using vc++ 6?

Prabu

Quote:
> >When I complied my VC++6 project in the VS.NET (VC++.Net) I could compile
> >the project but when linking I got this error:
> >LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

> Prabu,

> I'd guess that you're linking in a static library that is built with
> VC6. You should re-build not only your main application, but also any
> static libraries.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:19:14 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

Quote:
>Thanks for the reply, I don;'t know how do I rebuild my static librariries?

I presumed from the error you got that something in your project was
still referencing the mfc42d library. If you'd built everything with
VC7 this shouldn't be the case, therefore I assumed you may have a
static (non-DLL) library that you use that you haven't re-built with
VC7. Check your project linker input settings to see what libraries
you link to - you're looking for ones that are probably your
organisation's, or a 3'rd party tool.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:14:20 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'
Dave,

You are right., My project is linking to library files, which I don't have
source code, I guess I won't be able to move to VC++7.

I should have the source code for the lib/obj to recomplie and use it in
VC++7! right?

Prabu

Quote:
> >Thanks for the reply, I don;'t know how do I rebuild my static
librariries?

> I presumed from the error you got that something in your project was
> still referencing the mfc42d library. If you'd built everything with
> VC7 this shouldn't be the case, therefore I assumed you may have a
> static (non-DLL) library that you use that you haven't re-built with
> VC7. Check your project linker input settings to see what libraries
> you link to - you're looking for ones that are probably your
> organisation's, or a 3'rd party tool.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 00:02:36 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

Quote:
>You are right., My project is linking to library files, which I don't have
>source code, I guess I won't be able to move to VC++7.

>I should have the source code for the lib/obj to recomplie and use it in
>VC++7! right?

Yes, that's right.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 00:18:28 GMT

1. fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

4. Fatal LNK1104: Cannot open LIBCD.LIB

5. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

6. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42.lib'

7. Linker cannot open file 'mfc70ud.lib'

8. Newbie - Compile error (Cannot open include file: 'xmldom.idl': No such file or directory)

9. BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'DTL32.lib'

11. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

12. VC++7.0: Error: "cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'" after LibraryInclude