Error in Academic Version of Visual Studio.NET
Author Message
 Error in Academic Version of Visual Studio.NET

Hello,

I've just installed Visual Studio.NET Academic Version, and there is an
error in the documentation.  Under the section "Walkthrough: Creating a
Console Application", on page 11 the instructions say in Step 3 to choose
the C/C++ Console Application template in the Templates pane.  That
selection does not exist.  To create a console application in the version of
the software that I am running (Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
55538-700-1535403-18678), the template WIN32 App needs to be selected, and
Console Application is one of four choices that come up on the next screen.

Also, in the default .cpp file that is created the name of the default
function is _tmain() instead of just main().  I asked this question in a
that's great.  What is the difference between _tmain and main?

--
Chad Lupkes

http://www.*-*-*.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

---

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:11:57 GMT
 Error in Academic Version of Visual Studio.NET
I reported this to the owner of Academic editions.

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ team

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've just installed Visual Studio.NET Academic Version, and there is an
> error in the documentation.  Under the section "Walkthrough: Creating a
> Console Application", on page 11 the instructions say in Step 3 to choose
> the C/C++ Console Application template in the Templates pane.  That
> selection does not exist.  To create a console application in the version
of
> the software that I am running (Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
> 55538-700-1535403-18678), the template WIN32 App needs to be selected, and
> Console Application is one of four choices that come up on the next
screen.

> Also, in the default .cpp file that is created the name of the default
> function is _tmain() instead of just main().  I asked this question in a
> that's great.  What is the difference between _tmain and main?

> --
> Chad Lupkes

> http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

> ---

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:50:34 GMT
 Error in Academic Version of Visual Studio.NET

Hi Ronald,

I also posted this inqury in the general dotnet newsgroup, and was told that
the instructions in the student guide only apply after the Student Tools
disk is installed.  Since my instructor is not actually using the service
for my programming class, I had not installed that.  You might suggest that
this be included as part of the next printing of that manual.

--
Chad Lupkes

http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

Quote:
> I reported this to the owner of Academic editions.

> Ronald Laeremans
> Visual C++ team

> > Hello,

> > I've just installed Visual Studio.NET Academic Version, and there is an
> > error in the documentation.  Under the section "Walkthrough: Creating a
> > Console Application", on page 11 the instructions say in Step 3 to
choose
> > the C/C++ Console Application template in the Templates pane.  That
> > selection does not exist.  To create a console application in the
version
> of
> > the software that I am running (Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
> > 55538-700-1535403-18678), the template WIN32 App needs to be selected,
and
> > Console Application is one of four choices that come up on the next
> screen.

> > Also, in the default .cpp file that is created the name of the default
> > function is _tmain() instead of just main().  I asked this question in a
> > that's great.  What is the difference between _tmain and main?

> > --
> > Chad Lupkes

> > http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

> > ---

---

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:58:28 GMT
 Error in Academic Version of Visual Studio.NET
Thanks. I will.

Ronald

Quote:
> Hi Ronald,

> I also posted this inqury in the general dotnet newsgroup, and was told
that
> the instructions in the student guide only apply after the Student Tools
> disk is installed.  Since my instructor is not actually using the service
> for my programming class, I had not installed that.  You might suggest
that
> this be included as part of the next printing of that manual.

> --
> Chad Lupkes

> http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

> > I reported this to the owner of Academic editions.

> > Ronald Laeremans
> > Visual C++ team

> > > Hello,

> > > I've just installed Visual Studio.NET Academic Version, and there is
an
> > > error in the documentation.  Under the section "Walkthrough: Creating
> > > Console Application", on page 11 the instructions say in Step 3 to
> choose
> > > the C/C++ Console Application template in the Templates pane.  That
> > > selection does not exist.  To create a console application in the
> version
> > of
> > > the software that I am running (Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
> > > 55538-700-1535403-18678), the template WIN32 App needs to be selected,
> and
> > > Console Application is one of four choices that come up on the next
> > screen.

> > > Also, in the default .cpp file that is created the name of the default
> > > function is _tmain() instead of just main().  I asked this question in
once,
> > > that's great.  What is the difference between _tmain and main?

> > > --
> > > Chad Lupkes

> > > http://www.chadlupkes.com/ (Under Construction, of course)

> > > ---

> ---

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:53:48 GMT

1. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

2. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. Version of STL with Visual Studio.NET?

5. Compiling a release version with Visual Studio.net

6. Compiling a release version with Visual Studio.net

7. Visual C# .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio.NET

8. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

9. Visual Studio.NET vs. Visual C#.NET

10. Academic versions of Visual C++

11. Visual Studio.Net: how do I move to next compile error

12. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility