logging linker errors
Author Message
 logging linker errors

typing:

nmake -f makefile.mak /x error_log.txt

....logs all nmake errors in the error_log.txt file.
However, errors like C10XX or LNKXXXX errors are not
logged to this file. Does anyone know of a way to also log
these commands. I want to just strip out the errors, so
simply logging everything to a file is not the best answer.

Thanks in advance,
david.

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:09:42 GMT
 logging linker errors

Quote:
> typing:

> nmake -f makefile.mak /x error_log.txt

> ....logs all nmake errors in the error_log.txt file.
> However, errors like C10XX or LNKXXXX errors are not
> logged to this file. Does anyone know of a way to also log
> these commands. I want to just strip out the errors, so
> simply logging everything to a file is not the best answer.

try:

   nmake -f makefile.mak >error_log.txt 2>&1

-cd

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:05:03 GMT

1. how to log error to Event Log for ATL

2. Logging into NT Error Log

3. linker error again: unusual fatal error LNK1104

4. linker error 2001/compiler error 2893(templates and friend clases involved)

5. Linker Error : Internal Error on Pass2

6. Error in while writting to Event Log

7. Error while writting in Event Log

8. Writing to the Windows 2000 Application Error Log

9. log: SING error

10. put message in Event Log with ERROR label

11. NT service gives error when user logs off

12. Help: Error Logging into Exchange Mailbox using CDO 1.2