OLEACC.dll dependency
Author Message
 OLEACC.dll dependency

I tried to recompile and run some of our applications (MFC) with VS.NET. We
've found out that they require
Oleacc.dll for running which is not available under all OS our customers are
using - Win95,98,NT 4.0,2K,XP ( at least not by default).
Is it possible to get rid of dependency on that dll ?
 Is it possible to manually copy one version of oleacc.dll to the system
directory of every OS version without any negative consequences ?

L.Bak
Spirit a.s.

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:00:23 GMT
 OLEACC.dll dependency

Quote:
>I tried to recompile and run some of our applications (MFC) with VS.NET. We
>'ve found out that they require
>Oleacc.dll for running which is not available under all OS our customers are
>using - Win95,98,NT 4.0,2K,XP ( at least not by default).
>Is it possible to get rid of dependency on that dll ?

If you statically link MFC, you can set OLEACC.DLL to delay load
(linker setting). If you never make use of any accessibility
facilities, then it should run OK on Win95.

Quote:
> Is it possible to manually copy one version of oleacc.dll to the system
>directory of every OS version without any negative consequences ?

I think it's a non-redistributable DLL.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:11:52 GMT
 OLEACC.dll dependency
Oleacc.dll is available on all platforms by default except 95 and NT 4.  For
those platforms you can redistribute the RDK and it is available as part of
the Active Accessibility SDK.  Dowload the SDK from:

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sa...
p?url=/msdn-files/027/001/786/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true

and then in the REDIST folder you will find a file called MSAARDK.EXE.

Ted.

Quote:
> I tried to recompile and run some of our applications (MFC) with VS.NET.
We
> 've found out that they require
> Oleacc.dll for running which is not available under all OS our customers
are
> using - Win95,98,NT 4.0,2K,XP ( at least not by default).
> Is it possible to get rid of dependency on that dll ?
>  Is it possible to manually copy one version of oleacc.dll to the system
> directory of every OS version without any negative consequences ?

> L.Bak
> Spirit a.s.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:11:45 GMT

1. CWnd dependencies in MFC 7.0 (OLEACC.dll)

2. OLEACC.DLL error on Win95 for MFC apps

3. oleacc.dll problem

4. oleacc.dll -Active Accessability ...why is it loaded?

5. Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'

6. why require oleacc.dll?

7. Delay Loading oleacc.dll

8. OLEACC.DLL required for apps built with VC++.NET

9. oleacc.dll not found

10. Oleacc.dll new dependancy

12. recompiled program now DEPENDS on OLEACC.DLL