ATL MMC Snapins
Author Message
 ATL MMC Snapins

Hi

What happened to the ATL MMC Snapin wizard? Is it no longer supported? And
what about the MMC classes in ATL then?

Thanks
Holger Grund

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:26:50 GMT
 ATL MMC Snapins
I've been asking the same question!  From what I understand, there won't be any
support for MMC snap-ins.  I'd love to hear that I heard wrong.

John Mueller

--

Hi

What happened to the ATL MMC Snapin wizard? Is it no longer supported? And
what about the MMC classes in ATL then?

Thanks
Holger Grund

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:43:31 GMT
 ATL MMC Snapins
I wonder if that means MMC is not going to be supported, and replaced with
some html-type thing? Version 2 of MMC has only just been finished.

It wouldn't surprise me if the ATL MMC wizard was dropped - I think I heard
its unsupported code in VC6, though if this is the case, what is there that
can be used to create snap-ins?
Considering the samples in MSDN use the API solely, perhaps that's what MS
thinks we should use...

Andy.

Quote:
> I've been asking the same question!  From what I understand, there won't
be any
> support for MMC snap-ins.  I'd love to hear that I heard wrong.

> John Mueller

> --

> Hi

> What happened to the ATL MMC Snapin wizard? Is it no longer supported? And
> what about the MMC classes in ATL then?

> Thanks
> Holger Grund

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:47:15 GMT
 ATL MMC Snapins
The Wizards are gone. At least for this version. We couldn't get them
updated to MMC 2.0 API and it was felt that we shouldn't help people create
new Snap-ins on the 1.1 API.

The classes are there so you can continue to build your existing snap-ins.
We're looking at how we can supply updated wizards in a future version.

Walter Sullivan
Lead Program Manager, ATL/MFC

--
I've been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
reserved.

Quote:
> Hi

> What happened to the ATL MMC Snapin wizard? Is it no longer supported? And
> what about the MMC classes in ATL then?

> Thanks
> Holger Grund

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:31:19 GMT
 ATL MMC Snapins
This isn't any kind of indication of MMC going away. It was a resource
problem, we simply couldn't do the Wizards and classes justice. The old
classes are there for compatibility, we just couldn't get MMC 2.0 support in
for VS.NET.

Walter Sullivan
Lead Program Manager, ATL/MFC

--
I've been "encouraged" to share this helpful information from our lawyers.
reserved.

Quote:
> I wonder if that means MMC is not going to be supported, and replaced with
> some html-type thing? Version 2 of MMC has only just been finished.

> It wouldn't surprise me if the ATL MMC wizard was dropped - I think I
heard
> its unsupported code in VC6, though if this is the case, what is there
that
> can be used to create snap-ins?
> Considering the samples in MSDN use the API solely, perhaps that's what MS
> thinks we should use...

> Andy.

> > I've been asking the same question!  From what I understand, there won't
> be any
> > support for MMC snap-ins.  I'd love to hear that I heard wrong.

> > John Mueller

> > --

> > Hi

> > What happened to the ATL MMC Snapin wizard? Is it no longer supported?
And
> > what about the MMC classes in ATL then?

> > Thanks
> > Holger Grund

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:33:03 GMT

1. Novice: Use ATL for MMC snapin?

2. Need Help in MMC SnapIn Extension with ATL

3. MMC Snapin samples using ATL 3.0 under VC++ 6.0

4. MMC and ATL SnapIn

5. MMC SnapIn with ATL or Sample Framework?

6. MMC Snapin

7. MMC Snapin

8. MMC-Snapin

9. MMC Snapin

10. How to stop MMC close SnapIn window

11. MMC Snapin with OCX Resultview failed to create control

12. MMC Snapin, refresh prob.