ATL virtual destructor and events causes crash
Author Message
 ATL virtual destructor and events causes crash

I created an ATL attributed dll project and added an ATL Simple object with
connection point option selected.
I wrote a small VB6 program to create and release an object everything works
OK.
When I make the destructor of the ATL object virtual, VB crashes when the
program releases the object (e.g. set x = nothing).

Edwin

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:46:56 GMT
 ATL virtual destructor and events causes crash
I forgot to mention that when I remove the event_source("com") and the
__event interface lines everything works OK. So I must remove the virtual
keyword or remove the event stuff to get it working.

Quote:
> I created an ATL attributed dll project and added an ATL Simple object
with
> connection point option selected.
> I wrote a small VB6 program to create and release an object everything
works
> OK.
> When I make the destructor of the ATL object virtual, VB crashes when the
> program releases the object (e.g. set x = nothing).

> Edwin

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:49:55 GMT

1. pure virtual destructor causes linker error

2. virtual/non-virtual destructors

3. _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes crashes when hooking up events

4. ActiveX Event causes VB compiled apps to crash

5. ATL Control caused the application crash

6. Compiling atl component in VB is causing crash

7. Virtual pure destructors

8. Virtual destructor question

9. Use of Virtual function under Destructor

10. Virtual destructor call doesn't work!

11. virtual pure destructor

12. Virtual Destructors Defined In Children