Odd ADSI Problem
Author Message
 Odd ADSI Problem

I'm getting the following error message:

Temp error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IADsUser

whenever I try to compile this line of code:

hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://WinServer/CN=John,CN=Users,DC=DataCon.Domain",
IID_IADsUser, (void**)&pUser);

I remembered to include both iads.h and adshlp.h.  I also added ActiveDS.lib to
the Additional Dependencies list for the linker.  Is anyone aware of this
problem?  Is there simply something wrong with my code or setup?  If I comment
this line out, the program compiles and links without a problem, so I'm certain
that this is the culprit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Mueller

--

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:23:38 GMT
 Odd ADSI Problem

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler team

Quote:
> I'm getting the following error message:

> Temp error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IADsUser

> whenever I try to compile this line of code:

> hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://WinServer/CN=John,CN=Users,DC=DataCon.Domain",
> IID_IADsUser, (void**)&pUser);

> I remembered to include both iads.h and adshlp.h.  I also added
ActiveDS.lib to
> the Additional Dependencies list for the linker.  Is anyone aware of this
> problem?  Is there simply something wrong with my code or setup?  If I
comment
> this line out, the program compiles and links without a problem, so I'm
certain
> that this is the culprit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> John Mueller

> --

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:24:39 GMT
 Odd ADSI Problem
Hi Ronald,

I tried looking for oledsiid.lib, but didn't find it.  I did find ADsIID.LIB and
tried using it.  The program compiles now.  However, I wouldn't have figured
this out by reading the documentation.  Should I submit a documentation change
request?  It seems like this could be made easier to figure out.

John Mueller

--

Are you also linking with oledsiid.lib?

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler team

Quote:
> I'm getting the following error message:

> Temp error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IADsUser

> whenever I try to compile this line of code:

> hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://WinServer/CN=John,CN=Users,DC=DataCon.Domain",
> IID_IADsUser, (void**)&pUser);

> I remembered to include both iads.h and adshlp.h.  I also added
ActiveDS.lib to
> the Additional Dependencies list for the linker.  Is anyone aware of this
> problem?  Is there simply something wrong with my code or setup?  If I
comment
> this line out, the program compiles and links without a problem, so I'm
certain
> that this is the culprit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> John Mueller

> --

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:43:36 GMT
 Odd ADSI Problem
Thanks!  The additional library seems to be all that I needed.

John Mueller

--

Are you also linking with oledsiid.lib?

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler team

Quote:
> I'm getting the following error message:

> Temp error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IADsUser

> whenever I try to compile this line of code:

> hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://WinServer/CN=John,CN=Users,DC=DataCon.Domain",
> IID_IADsUser, (void**)&pUser);

> I remembered to include both iads.h and adshlp.h.  I also added
ActiveDS.lib to
> the Additional Dependencies list for the linker.  Is anyone aware of this
> problem?  Is there simply something wrong with my code or setup?  If I
comment
> this line out, the program compiles and links without a problem, so I'm
certain
> that this is the culprit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> John Mueller

> --

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:48:15 GMT

1. No one to help me? ADSI Problem

2. Major Problem with ADSI

3. Problem in usage of ADSI

4. ADSI Problem

5. ADSI Auth Problem

6. ODD __gc problem

7. Very odd string problem

8. Odd Setup Problems

9. Odd problem with System.Collections.SortedList

10. Odd scanf problem

11. odd pointer dereference problem

12. Problem with odd loop when passing float to function