com+ and .net
Author Message
 com+ and .net

Under vs.net:

Is com+, com and mts together?

Load balancing is part of com+, load balancing demands between servers, do
you need a special version of windows 2000?

When I build an atl com componenent am I building a com+ object?

Is .net built on top of com+?

Is .net a series of com interfaces we can import into c++?

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:02:31 GMT
 com+ and .net

Quote:

> Under vs.net:

> Is com+, com and mts together?

.NET interops with COM, it does not need COM
COM+ = COM + MTS * W2K

Quote:

> Load balancing is part of com+, load balancing demands between servers, do
> you need a special version of windows 2000?

if u mean component load balancing (CLB): app center

Quote:

> When I build an atl com componenent am I building a com+ object?

u build a com object, when u deploy it into a com+ app - then it's a com+
object :-)

Quote:

> Is .net built on top of com+?

no, but it can use its services

Quote:

> Is .net a series of com interfaces we can import into c++?

via com interop, u must create a com callable wrapper 4 ur .NET component

--
Steffen Ramlow
Enterprise Development: http://www.dev-purgatory.org/

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:20:52 GMT
 com+ and .net
Is the benefit of C# & vb.net as a programmer interop, deployment and
garbage collection?

Is CLB available to c++ via atl/com+?

Is C++ more performant than c# and vb.net?

Can I call my com+ component from asp.net and vb.net?

Quote:

> > Under vs.net:

> > Is com+, com and mts together?

> .NET interops with COM, it does not need COM
> COM+ = COM + MTS * W2K

> > Load balancing is part of com+, load balancing demands between servers,
do
> > you need a special version of windows 2000?

> if u mean component load balancing (CLB): app center

> > When I build an atl com componenent am I building a com+ object?

> u build a com object, when u deploy it into a com+ app - then it's a com+
> object :-)

> > Is .net built on top of com+?

> no, but it can use its services

> > Is .net a series of com interfaces we can import into c++?

> via com interop, u must create a com callable wrapper 4 ur .NET component

> --
> Steffen Ramlow
> Enterprise Development: http://www.dev-purgatory.org/

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:11:14 GMT
 com+ and .net
CLB is a feature of App Center, but you could write your
own load balancing solution in C++.

And yes, C++ is still a better performer than other languages.
This does assume that you implement good algorithms. A poor
algorithm in C++ will perform worse than a good algorithm in
plain old ASP scripts.

Michael D. Long

Quote:

> Is the benefit of c# & vb.net as a programmer interop, deployment and
> garbage collection?

> Is CLB available to c++ via atl/com+?

> Is C++ more performant than c# and vb.net?

> Can I call my com+ component from asp.net and vb.net?

Quote:
> > > Under vs.net:

> > > Is com+, com and mts together?

> > .NET interops with COM, it does not need COM
> > COM+ = COM + MTS * W2K

> > > Load balancing is part of com+, load balancing demands between
servers,
> do
> > > you need a special version of windows 2000?

> > if u mean component load balancing (CLB): app center

> > > When I build an atl com componenent am I building a com+ object?

> > u build a com object, when u deploy it into a com+ app - then it's a
com+
> > object :-)

> > > Is .net built on top of com+?

> > no, but it can use its services

> > > Is .net a series of com interfaces we can import into c++?

> > via com interop, u must create a com callable wrapper 4 ur .NET
component

> > --
> > Steffen Ramlow
> > Enterprise Development: http://www.dev-purgatory.org/

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:26:52 GMT

1. com and com+ in .net

2. com and com+ in .net

3. .NET: COM vs NET

4. COM Or .NET?

5. QDotNet.com - new .NET resource launched

6. migration from COM to .NET

7. COM and .NET

8. COM and .NET Which one in better

9. Observation of idiosyncrasy when using Interfaces with both COM and .NET

10. Relationship between COM and .NET?

11. Relationship between COM and .NET?

12. COM/VC++ .NET problem